If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that ...

Discus and support If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; EDIT: Oops, looks like I posted this in the wrong section, sorry I'm new to these forums. I made a new post in the right section. We had 2 Xbox 360s... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SIGINT-90787F6B-1AC5-4E43-A079-5451DB099E49, Jan 7, 2014.

1. If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that ...

EDIT: Oops, looks like I posted this in the wrong section, sorry I'm new to these forums. I made a new post in the right section.

We had 2 Xbox 360s and sold one to get the Xbox One. Some of the games were purchased on the Xbox we sold, so only the purchasing account can play them. I'd like to transfer the licenses for that gamertag (not this one) to the Xbox 360 we still have. But
    I'm concerned that this will also transfer that gamertag's licenses for Xbox One games, rendering them unplayable. Does the license transfer tool in 360 Account Management only transfer 360 games, or could we lose the licenses for the Xbox One games? Thanks.

:)

SIGINT-90787F6B-1AC5-4E43-A079-5451DB099E49, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Senryu BR
    Senryu BR Guest
    If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that gamertag?

In theory when you "active" your gametag in ONE, that work too in 360 in theory works in both ways for content, but like RiposaurusRex says we don´t know because Xbox one has no retro whif 360.

Senryu BR, Jan 7, 2014
  3. If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that gamertag?

We had 2 Xbox 360s and sold one to get the Xbox One. Some of the games were purchased on the Xbox we sold, so only the purchasing account can play them. I'd like to transfer the licenses for that gamertag (not this one) to the Xbox 360 we still have.
    But I'm concerned that this will also transfer that gamertag's licenses for Xbox One games, rendering them unplayable. Does the license transfer tool in 360 Account Management only transfer 360 games, or could we lose the licenses for the Xbox One games? Thanks.

SIGINT-90787F6B-1AC5-4E43-A079-5451DB099E49, Jan 7, 2014
  4. If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that ...

Falcon LUUUNCH,

The two console maintain game licenses differently. The Xbox 360 console has a console and profile license. If you transfer your licenses it won't affect your Xbox One at all. If you receive a different Xbox One, you just need to go into the Settings on
    the Xbox One console and ensure it is set to your "My Home Xbox" for your profile and then all games will be playable by all profiles on that Xbox One console. Hope this helps!

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 8, 2014
  5. RiposaurusRex Win User

If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that gamertag?

Since Xbox 360 games are not backwards compatible with the Xbox One, even digital copies of 360 games, it is very unlikely that it will affect your One.
  6. Senryu BR Win User

In theory when you "active" your gametag in ONE, that work too in 360 in theory works in both ways for content, but like RiposaurusRex says we don´t know because Xbox one has no retro whif 360.
  7. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Falcon LUUUNCH,

The two console maintain game licenses differently. The Xbox 360 console has a console and profile license. If you transfer your licenses it won't affect your Xbox One at all. If you receive a different Xbox One, you just need to go into the Settings on
    the Xbox One console and ensure it is set to your "My Home Xbox" for your profile and then all games will be playable by all profiles on that Xbox One console. Hope this helps!
  8. Pandasaur cx Win User

will license transferred 360 games carry over to the xbox one's backward compatibility

License Transferring does what the name says, it transfers the licenses of games to a different console. Transferring 360 games will not work with Xbox One's BC, it will only work with the account that they was purchased with.
  9. Smwutches Win User

Xbox 360 license transfer

License transfers on the 360 will not affect anything on the One.
Thema:

If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that ...

1. If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that ... - Similar Threads - transfer game licenses

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  4. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  5. Transfer game clips/ screenshots to usb

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer game clips/ screenshots to usb: How much storage space do I need on my usb stick for let's say 500 screenshots? And if you have any recommendations for a usb stick I would greatly appreciate it. submitted by /u/BernieTheLama...
  6. i have a game on xbox does the data transfer to xbox pc?

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have a game on xbox does the data transfer to xbox pc?: i bought assassins creed Valhalla back in 2020 and have all of the dlc but i recently sold my xbox so does the data transfer to the xbox pc app? d9a96fea-2401-4272-b4ab-80a4562425ea
  7. Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?: I was wondering if I could transfer my games and DLC that I bought on my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One, and if so, how? 49e01af5-2245-4305-a4c4-72c471d44745
  8. How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another: both of my Xboxes are on my Internet at my house it's not showing on my network e4aa9c6f-e1b1-4028-bcce-b33201cd8922
  9. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  10. Can I transfer a game license to a friend?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer a game license to a friend?: I have a game on my Xbox one S that I want to play with a friend, although, he doesn't has the same game and neither how to afford it. Is there a way that we both play the same game by me...