If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

Discus and support If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Morethanweird311, Mar 8, 2024.

1. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so will all my game progress save. My main worry is my GTA 5 because that’s the one game that I spent so much time on itd kill me if I lost it all. Will it all transfer to the new Xbox or will it make me restart.

submitted by /u/Morethanweird311
    [link] [comments]

/u/Morethanweird311, Mar 8, 2024
  2. tru Ponder Win User

Games

Yes I switched over to the series s and the games that were on my Xbox one arent on my series s
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Any tips on how to make the hard drive play games or is this a lost cause?

If you are trying to play Xbox Series X|S games from the Game Drive, then that is not possible. The only way to play those games is from the internal storage or the official Xbox Series X|S external storage cards. The Game Drive can be used to play Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Xbox original games via backward compatibility.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Just Dance support for Xbox series S

Well first there is no series s with a bluray drive

Xbox one s does and that isn't a series s

Xbox one games are compatible with xbox one games whenever it is one x or s

Series consoles are just xbox series NOT one s or x

They labeled series consoles that way for a reason to differentiate xbox one games from series games
  5. FireAsh84093753 Win User

If i bought the vault edition of MW2 on my Microsoft account... Will i be able to play it on my Series S ?

Note* I am currently playing on a Xbox One S and I am switching to my Series S in a few weeks. Will I be able to download the game automatically onto my Series S or will I have to pay for the game again ?
  6. enad2k Win User

Unable to remote install games on Xbox Series X from the Microsoft Store or from Game Pass mobile app

Hi,

Thank you for affirming, it's not just me.

Same deal. I upgraded from the original Xbox One to a Series X. I could manage games from both the Xbox app and Game Pass app to my original Xbox One. I put my Series X into service on 1/28/21. Apparently ,from what I have seen there must have been app updates to the Game Pass app.

Now as you said, I cannot manage or install Game Pass apps remotely from the Game Pass app to the Series X. However, it looks like the Xbox App can manage the Series X.

I also factory reset the original Xbox One and packed it up. I also removed my original Xbox One from the Devices tab on my account.microsoft.com page and made sure my Series X was set as my home xbox.

Pretty confident that this is not me nor you.

Figured I would mention I have the same issue and hope they fix it soon.

For what it is worth, you can filter games in the Xbox app on your phone to show Game Pass games along with optimized for SeriesX|S and platform as Xbox One. Then you can at least see the Game Pass games in the Xbox app and remote install them that way as a work around.
Thema:

If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

1. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data - Similar Threads - switch original series

2. How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?: My Xbox is set to IPv4 but I’m not sure how to switch to IPv6 217ba0e3-ac1f-4487-b486-456a8a78905c
  3. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...: So my xbox one s randomly switched itself off while in the middle of doing something, so I waited a min, turned it back on... No picture, had sound but no picture, checked hdmi, checked power...
  6. How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch: How do I become friends online with a Xbox player if I’m on Nintendo switch? f1253c34-1267-4ed1-b5d3-6ebe6c62f346
  7. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  8. Can I connect a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to Xbox Cloud?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to Xbox Cloud?: I tried pairing my controller to my PC, and then seeing if it connected to Xbox Cloud, but it didn't work. Is there anything I can do? d57dc4e2-6bb6-40cf-b960-a4ceef224fd7
  9. Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions: So the title describes practically everything, I can't use discord on my xbox, the discord tab just isn't there, but when I switch regions or console location the tab is there and I can use...
  10. email switch without losing original email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    email switch without losing original email.: I use my email all the time. My email is attached to my sons xbox game pass. How do I replace it without losing my email address with his or affecting how I sing into my email....