If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?

Discus and support If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I want know in the past you can set the console to home console and remove the account with the effects still in play so nobody plays on your... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bard la Bard, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Bard la Bard
    Bard la Bard Guest

If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?

So I want know in the past you can set the console to home console and remove the account with the effects still in play so nobody plays on your account. Does this still work for the Series S and X?

:)

Bard la Bard, Dec 25, 2023
  2. Qeyxar Win User

GamePass Ultimate - do I need 2 subscriptions?

Hey there,

I suggest you to run the Game Pass Ultimate subscription through the Microsoft account which you use on PC and then set the Xbox as your home console so your family/friends can enjoy the benefits of the subscription (with the exception of Cloud Gaming) without having to pay twice.

To set the home console sign in with the account from your PC and head to Settings > General > Personalization > Home Console > Make This My Home Console.

After you are done you can also remove the account if you do not play on the console in Settings > Accounts > Remove accounts.

Good luck!
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

Bought a Second hand Xbox One with games pre-installed

That means the original owner left the console set as their Home. If they ever set another console as their Home, you'll lose access to them that way. Setting the console as your Home will not effect it.
    @Smwutches I believe if you set a console as your home, then it will remove the previous account that was ser for home console and previous games will not be playable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No. One console can have multiple accounts listed as Home Console, 1 account cannot have multiple consoles. So won't affect the previous account, only will if the previous owner sets the his account as home console in another console.
  4. A Blue Illusion Win User

Xbox One Digital game download

If the digital games are yours and don't want him to play, it's as simple as removing the X Box One as your "Home" console; you would have to be signed into Live with the account that has rights to the game in order
    to play.

If OP's account is the main account and has the console set as the "Home" console on that account, I don't even think it's necessary to remove it as the "Home" console. All that
    should need to happen is for that account to turn off Gold Sharing. Then, make sure that account is not set to automatically log in and sign out before shutting it down.

If Gold Sharing is turned off and the main account doesn't sign in when the console is turned on, nobody should be able to play a game unless it's owned by their account, or unless
    they know the main account's login info.

But something tells me there is more going on here than meets the eye. Something just isn't adding up...
  5. Loded Dypur Win User

Sharing digital dowloaded games stopped working

Was he playing on the old console or the new one? He can only share the games on the Home console.

He is playing on the new Xbox on his account not set to home. I'm playing on the old xbox on my account set to home. Right now the only way it seems to work is with him playing on my account on the new xbox and me playing his account
    on the old one. All games have been purchased on my account.

Then you need to set whichever console he is playing on as your Home console.
    So set the new Xbox to "home" and remove "home" from the old one?
  6. Arminator Win User

Home xbox problem

...I, and two of my cousins use the family account to download; buy and play sometimes on it. ... we all have our own account so by the way we all made it as Home xbox to play offline and the other stuffs. ... when i check to personalization it
    appears that the account family is not recorded as Home xbox. So i made it home xbox ... but after 3 times it sayed that i have reached the limit blah blah. I dont't know why it started all of a sudden to remove it as home xbox. I never had this kind of problem
    before so i hope you can help me to fix it
    Do you and the cousins only play on ONE SINGLE console, or are your cousins use different consoles?

If so, is it possible, that your cousins set a different console as the Home Console? As long as someone has access to your "family" account, they can set any console as that account's Home Console, which removes the Home Console setting from all other consoles,
    as there can only be one Home Console for an account.

That also means, that if you have more than two consoles, your system of "sharing" games with each cousin doesn't work.

One specific Home Console can unlock the games for everyone on that specific console, and the second person can play the games on a second console as long as the "Family" account is signed in and online on that console.

If a third person wants to play a game on a third console, and they sign in with the Family account, the second person gets signed out, as the Family account can only be signed in on one single console of the same generation at the same time (e.g. they can
    be signed in on a Xbox 360, a Xbox One and a Windows 10 PC at the same time, but they can't be signed in on two Xbox One consoles at the same time).

So to sum it up:

With one family account and one Home console, only two people can ever play a shared game. If more than two people are supposed to play, another person has to buy a second copy.
Thema:

1. If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it? - Similar Threads - set console home

2. Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console: Almost every time I turn on my Xbox all of my settings are changed. My password/pin will be deleted or it's changed to something else than what I set it too. Random games are downloaded that I've...
  3. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  4. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  5. Rewards weekly set streaks on console app

in XboX Insiders
    Rewards weekly set streaks on console app: Is there a way to save the streaks we currently are on through the rewards app on the console? I really enjoy this feature and would hate to see it go. I think it's a great way to engage and get...
  6. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  7. Hi, I recently started setting up my xbox one console and i got stock at update section....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I recently started setting up my xbox one console and i got stock at update section....: Hi Please help me to fix this problem, i tried using wireless connection and wired connection still no use. And it is a new one, im setting up the console and i got stock at console update....
  8. How to set up console's location?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up console's location?: Im from Slovenija and can not enter microsoft reward because of an error. (Update your console'a location) Tring to change the lenguage and location it stil dose not vork. Thanke you....
  9. Can I have an Xbox one an a series x set as my home console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I have an Xbox one an a series x set as my home console?: Wanting to setup a xbox one for family in the house to use. 031855e3-a0da-4c8e-867c-0ad5ceb1dd20
  10. My son and I have separate consoles, and are on my game pass. Also set home xbox on both....

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son and I have separate consoles, and are on my game pass. Also set home xbox on both....: My son and I have separate consoles, and are on my game pass. Also set home xbox on both. Why can't my son play certain games. They say uninstallable to Join Ultimate...