If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

Discus and support If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by maz3er d, Apr 7, 2024.

1. maz3er d
    maz3er d Guest

If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external storage and I was wondering if I moved all my games into the external, and move the external to the series s can I still play all the games or would I have to rebuy all the games.

:)

maz3er d, Apr 7, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i play the disk games on it or no

Hello, maz3er D. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I would like to let you know the licenses for your physical games are stored in the disc itself. This means that even if you copy the game data to an external drive, you will not be able to play the game on Series S because you still need to insert the disc. Therefore, it will not work because there is no way to convert a physical license to a digital one.

So, if you have a lot of physical games and don't want to repurchase them, I think it would be better if you consider getting an Xbox Series X.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. ROCKETZOMBIE77 Win User

Cannot Play Game (Call of Duty) Due To Installation\Update Issues.

Hello! Ok.

1. My Xbox is an Xbox Series S.

2. Yes, I do have an external storage box plugged into my console.

Thank you for the reply, looking forward to moving forward to fixing this issue ASAP.

I am assuming, (correct me if I'm wrong), that I may be able to fix this issue by moving the game into and out of the External Storage Box that is plugged into my console?
  4. ADAMSKIWARD Win User

External hard drive not displaying all games on Series S

They're online gamepass games I downloaded on my xbox one to my external hardrive. Some would be optimised, some are not. It's not an issue with running the games, the games just aren't showing on the external drive when plugged into the series s so I can't transfer or manage storage space effectively.
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox S clear some space on External loop.

Hello Steele310, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties trying to free up space on your Xbox Series S by transferring games to external storage.

Try performing a hard reset on your console. To do this, press and hold the power button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it turns off completely. Then, wait a few seconds and turn on the console again. This can help reset the system state and fix temporary problems.

You can also try Disconnect and reconnect external storage. If you have an external hard drive connected to your Xbox Series S, try disconnecting it and then connecting it again. Make sure it is connected correctly and there are no physical connection issues.

Also make sure there is enough space available on your external storage device for game transfers. If your external storage is full, you may need to delete some games or files to free up space before trying to move more games.

If you can't transfer games to external storage, try freeing up space on your Xbox Series S's internal storage in other ways. You can delete games or apps you no longer use, delete unnecessary data, or delete screenshots and game clips to free up space.

Best regards.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Buying game for XS but then it’s not after installing it

Ok did you put it in an internal memory or storage card or external usb drive

If external that would be why

You can only put it in an internal memory or storage card

Now I'd you are saying you have a Xbox one S

That isn't a series s

Series consoles.are different and are not considered Xbox one nor is it part of the name

Also any games.that are meant for the series consoles has to be on storage card or.internal memory

Xbox one games works regardless of Xbox one s or og or one x

And you can use any storage

But for Xbox series consoles there is only s or x not one s/x

And only games on optimized nvme or the Xbox nvme storage card will download the series version

If you put it on external it would only download the Xbox one as you arent running thr optimized nvme
Thema:

1. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i... - Similar Threads - put physical game

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...

in XBoX on Consoles
    there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...: I’m sorry if this is repeat itself but I just finally got my son and Xbox one SO digital edition and I’m trying to tell her set it up and it won’t let me connect to the network because it won’t...
  4. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  5. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. How I can put on UPnP ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How I can put on UPnP ?: I was on a ticket and the guy says to check the router and disable nat and put again on, but in the router site I can't do that, what I should to do? e6a0ed20-cf30-4e37-8981-11ade85b5d4d
  8. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  9. Can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S: I have the start of air and I really trying to get a repaired can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S if not what do I have to do 629a9539-4eaa-4527-883f-3258df76eede
  10. I've accidentally put a physical v-bucks gift card into this account but wanted them on a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've accidentally put a physical v-bucks gift card into this account but wanted them on a...: I'd just like to know if there's anything I can do, could I even bring them back in-store for a refund? 4ccd300a-1159-422d-9390-8a009edf19dc