If I purchased a gift card and I scratched off the codes too much how can I get them back

Discus and support If I purchased a gift card and I scratched off the codes too much how can I get them back in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I purchased a gift card and I scratched off the codes too much how can I get the codes back 0f665fa8-a8ad-448a-abb1-f9ac938002bd Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Joniel Hernandez, Jul 20, 2023.

1. If I purchased a gift card and I scratched off the codes too much how can I get them back

I purchased a gift card and I scratched off the codes too much how can I get the codes back

:)

Joniel Hernandez, Jul 20, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

If I purchased a gift card and I scratched off the codes too much how can I get them back

Hello Joniel Hernandez,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you cannot redeem the code from your gift card due to over scratch. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern.

The issue you are describing here is best address to our live support channel because they have the advanced tool to check the complete codes. Let us help you how to get there.

Follow these steps to reach to our live support channel:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

3. DiCalzi Win User

This has happened to me before. Luckily, after some time, I was able to piece back together the code. Just scratch lightly until it comes off now. You can try guessing on the code for the parts you cannot get. I would recommend someone to help you with reconstructing it.
  4. Ezzn Win User

xbox gift card already redeemed!?

I know there was a lot of fraud, where ppl were scratching off the code and using them, instead purchasing the gift card... I hope this is not the case... Was the grey scratch area already removed?
  5. Yea Kay Win User

Call of duty modern warfare war zone

I need help I bought a gift card for my Xbox and I scratched it too hard and the code can off can u help me
  6. HoldingAces Win User

Damaged xbox gift card

Hi there.

Has this gift card already been redeemed or claimed?

Also, when you purchased the gift card, was the code already scratched off?
Thema:

1. If I purchased a gift card and I scratched off the codes too much how can I get them back - Similar Threads - purchased gift card

2. Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?: I claimed a $1.25 digital gift card and it’s not showing up and then I bought a $25 gift card and I still don’t see it when I try to purchase something 824ea680-9623-473b-af6a-0476a4603b5d
  3. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  4. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  5. My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases: My account was hacked and they bought three gift cards before I locked my card. 2 $10 gift cards and 1 $15 gift card. I need my money back. Order numbers: [mod removed]...
  6. Hello, I purchase a xbox one gift card from Target (2400 points - call of duty Modern...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, I purchase a xbox one gift card from Target (2400 points - call of duty Modern...: Hello, I purchase a xbox one gift card from Target (2400 points - call of duty Modern Warfare - in game currency) for my son and have been unsuccessful in retrieving the coins for him to use. I...
  7. Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?: I bought a Minecraft minecoins gift card through GameStop. When I try to redeem the code, it says it’s either already redeemed or invalid. I called GameStop who advised I reach out here. I am...
  8. Purchased a xbox gift card typed in all info loaded and says complete details but no...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a xbox gift card typed in all info loaded and says complete details but no...: Purchased a xbox gift card typed in all info loaded and says complete details but no points/money received this was for gta. bf9d4a06-bc4a-46a4-9508-74ad569c4ea0
  9. Purchase Minecraft for Mac using Microsoft gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase Minecraft for Mac using Microsoft gift card: I want to get Minecraft for my Mac and I have Microsoft gift cards available. Is there any way to get the Minecraft using the Microsoft gift card? What if I get Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition...
  10. I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...: I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance owing, but apparently it was for an Xbox X/S series where I have an Xbox One S, So I can't get the GTA$$$$...