If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console...

Discus and support If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console Xbox series x ? Or do I have to buy the game from Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KIRAN K1, Oct 21, 2023.

1. KIRAN K1
    KIRAN K1 Guest

If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console...

If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console Xbox series x ?

Or do I have to buy the game from Xbox series x. I’m currently on Xbox one Would appreciate the advice

:)

KIRAN K1, Oct 21, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console Xbox series x

3. Nkosana23 Win User

If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console Xbox series x

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist.

On the Xbox Series S|X, you can play all Xbox One games and a few original Xbox and Xbox 360 games. This is called backward compatibility. With backward compatibility on the Xbox Series S|X: You can play all digital Xbox One games.

However, some games are categorized in 2 different groups, one for Xbox S|X and then just for normal Xbox. The Xbox S|X game has more features than the normal one. So for better experience, its best to have Xbox S|X versions if you're using that console.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  4. Panno92 Win User

getting error code on transferred games from xbox one to xbox one s

If I understand correctly you are trying to play games that you own on disc, right? Even if the game is installed on the console you need to insert the disc to play the game because the disc is the proof of the purchase of the license of the game, but
    since your new console does not support disc games you need to purchase a digital license of the game in the xbox store to play these games on your xbox one s all digital ... As of now is impossible to transfer a license from disc to digital
  5. xxALICEinOZxx Win User

Changing Microsoft account on XBox

Hi there,

Currently you can't move any game saves, achievement progress, or digitally purchased content from one account to another. But you can still create a new account for your son. If the original account is an xbox live gold account your sons new account should
    still be able to access most of the previously purchased content associated with the other account via the Xbox live gold sharing feature.

Ive linked some information below about xbox live gold share features, playing games on another console, digital purchases, and designating your xbox one as the home xbox below.

Xbox Live Gold Share

Designating your Xbox One Console as the Home Xbox

Playing Games on Other Consoles

Xbox Digital Purchase FAQ

I hope this information helps with your decision. Have a great day.
  6. 1JayMax Win User

XBOX ONE S ALL DIGITAL EDITION

I've been seeing a lot of negativity online over the new xbox one s. To be completely honest most of my games are digital purchases. I normally only by physical copies of older games to add to my collection of previous gen titles (which I never go back
    and play anyway). So on that basis I would be more than happy to go out and purchase a digital only console. I do need a new system at the moment anyway so I'll hold out for release and go get one.
Thema:

1. If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console... - Similar Threads - purchased digital game

2. hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...: hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14 days ago (14 days is the deadline for digital game purchases). I emailed Microsoft/Xbox to repeal their...
  3. I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...: Overlord 1 and 2 is on the Xbox store and I was hoping to buy it but it says it’s not currently available and I was hoping I could get my hands on it I use to play it when I was younger and was...
  4. If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...: If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the graphics quality for those games be upgraded to the x? 8809f9f0-652e-406e-86a4-8d79b353ef26
  5. Refund on wrong purchase digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund on wrong purchase digital game: I was wondering if I could get a refund on a digital game I got. The wrong one eac5b129-f1a4-4256-86b9-acaa60f92eeb
  6. Can't find digital games I purchased??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find digital games I purchased??: I purchased digital games MK 11 and Cuphead. Now unable to find them on my account anywhere. 4004a2a3-ebad-4793-bfd2-82d221039dc9
  7. I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series...: I bought master chief collection when it first came out. Now it says I don’t own the game when I try to install it on my Series S when I try to find it in store. it prompts me to buy the game...
  8. Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...: Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to my brothers account in uk? Game for Xbox one not yet downloaded 42f0f300-aa7d-428c-9a09-6ab666cced25
  9. I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game: So I purchased a hard copy of MW3 and after the fact, purchased from the microsoft store on my console (Xbox Series X) the Vault Edition. It installed, and I can see it in my game files on my...
  10. Why Was a Digital Game I Purchased Removed From My Library?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Was a Digital Game I Purchased Removed From My Library?: I preordered the digital version of EA UFC 1 back when it first released. I haven't played it in a while & decided to go install it to play it again and it is no longer in my library. It's no...