If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

Discus and support If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im trying to update MSFS thats a huge update but my Internet connection is slow so i need to leave my pc on for maybe about 50 hours or something and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nathaniel Leeson, Mar 4, 2024.

1. If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

Im trying to update MSFS thats a huge update but my Internet connection is slow so i need to leave my pc on for maybe about 50 hours or something and im gonna be out and stuff during the day my biggest worry is that the CPU will overheat and potentially course a fire while im out whats the chances of a fire actually happening and is it ok to leave my game to update for 50 hours?

:)

Nathaniel Leeson, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

Ok thanks but lets say for example it did start to overheat will the pc shut off before it started to get too much and potentially course a fire. Its just because i heard this from someone else that it will shut of if it gets too hot.
    It won't overheat. PCs don't get hotter and hotter and then spontaneously combust. CPU's would thermal throttle when they get near their temperate limits. For modern Intel processors this is just over 100c and for AMD about 95c. When the throttle occurs, the CPU is downclocked and draws less power. Less power equals less heat.

Since your download speed is so low, your PC won't be at any risk of thermal throttling let alone over-heating. Downloading and unpacking files wouldn't cause overheating even on a fast connection.
  3. (Student) Nathaniel Win User

Ok thanks but lets say for example it did start to overheat will the pc shut off before it started to get too much and potentially course a fire. Its just because i heard this from someone else that it will shut of if it gets too hot.
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Nathaniel, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

As long as your PC is in a well-ventilated area, it should be sufficient. Make sure there are no objects obstructing its ventilation grilles and that it has enough space around it for air to circulate easily. It's unlikely that the PC will overheat even if it runs for an extended period, as updating a game is not very demanding. However, I recommend checking the PC's temperature for a couple of hours beforehand. If it stays at a good temperature, there shouldn't be a problem. Personally, I don't recommend leaving the PC on for such a long time, especially if you'll be leaving it unattended with no one at home. However, if it's well-ventilated, it shouldn't be a problem, but the final decision is yours.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. K2D0 Win User

Hi man,

If your running your Xbox for that long it could do damage to the cpu and overheat your system. I would suggest not leaving your Xbox on for that long.

If you want to update your game i'd suggest doing five hour periods of updating instead of one big 50 hour period. Also you should make sure to keep your console in a cool area to lower the chances of it overheating.
  6. alexZar Win User

Overwatch Crashes Xbox One X

Hey there,

Thanks for keeping us updated. To further troubleshoot this issue, try an
    Offline System Update
    . The OSU should rid your console of any issues that are persisting after the factory reset. This process allows you to download the latest most stable version of the Xbox Operating System and load it onto the console.

I hope this helps.
    This issue happens also to me on a fresh install of Overwatch, I have other 4k games with no issues, this game overheats the cpu/gpu and makes the OS to crash in protection of cpu overheat. I’m using first gen of XBoX One X (Scorpio).
Thema:

1. If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat? - Similar Threads - leave game update

2. AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.: I placed AA batteries 8 to 10 months in the Xbox controller, and I recently opened it but batteries are in leaked condition, I recently inserted new batteries but not getting power to the...
  3. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  4. I just cleaned the inside of my Xbox 1 and an hour later whenever I leave my 2 foot area...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just cleaned the inside of my Xbox 1 and an hour later whenever I leave my 2 foot area...: I didn't scratch or break anything my Xbox turns on fine and it does reconnect very fast when I'm in this small area f65fd368-2f9e-4410-858b-1629856d4916
  5. With Grand Theft Auto 5 X/S leaving game pass January 5th, if I purchase the title, will I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    With Grand Theft Auto 5 X/S leaving game pass January 5th, if I purchase the title, will I...: Basically I don't own an X/S, so cloud is the only way I am able to play this title currently. Rockstar has severed progress between the Xbox One and the X/S versions, so all of my progress is now...
  6. Game crashing dur to people leaving

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game crashing dur to people leaving: How can I complain about people leaving zombie and then my game crashes due to poor connection to party leader and then I've lost all my loot and have to wait another 2 day on my raygun cooldown...
  7. how to fix free cell game when one row of cards overlap leaving an empty row nothing works...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix free cell game when one row of cards overlap leaving an empty row nothing works...: How to fix a free cell game when one row of cards overlap leaving an empty row. After that happens nothing else functions properly.? Help PLEASE !!!! 770cc111-efd6-4865-b6de-5bf8f1bb3fa7
  8. Can i leave my games on a external hard disk in order to the new owner to play them without...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i leave my games on a external hard disk in order to the new owner to play them without...: I want to be sure if i leave all my games on the external hard disk, the new owner will not be able to access to my bank details. Thanks for your help f7d7f530-859f-424a-bf74-f0ee5e971e30
  9. Will leaving a game in quick resume end up bugging up later?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will leaving a game in quick resume end up bugging up later?: So I'm playing "Arcade Paradise" on game pass and I have it on quick resume. It's been 3 days and now the arm of the of the character stays showing when grabbing stuff and won't go back. It does...
  10. Will I be able to cloud stream Gta V If it leaves game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to cloud stream Gta V If it leaves game pass?: So I can currently cloud stream Gta V Xbox one as it is on game pass but I own the game anyway without game pass(Xbox one version) however if it were to leave game pass would I still able to cloud...