If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?

Discus and support If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to gift a friend a fortnite DLC add-on via the xbox store from my console, but they are in the EU, while i am US based. If i gift sed friend the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darkvoyager2169, Jul 3, 2023.

1. If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?

I want to gift a friend a fortnite DLC add-on via the xbox store from my console, but they are in the EU, while i am US based. If i gift sed friend the DLC, would it be locjed to my region, do they have access to it in their region, or does it become universal somehow

:)

Darkvoyager2169, Jul 3, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?

It would be region locked. So they would not be able to use it.
  3. Smwutches Win User

A problem with the activation of gift codes Gears of War

The codes are universal so they are not region locked. Gears 1 and 3 are region locked. So if your account region does not match your physical location, that will give you issues redeeming the codes.
  4. Ryuzak1 Win User

A problem with the activation of gift codes Gears of War

The codes are universal so they are not region locked. Gears 1 and 3 are region locked. So if your account region does not match your physical location, that will give you issues redeeming the codes.

I initially approached with the problem that the codes have already been activated

support their ocheret outlined that the codes are not suitable for the region
  5. ngocphi Win User

redeem

Does he live in anothrr region ? If so thatd the issue

One gifting is only allowed in the same region you had this warning when gifting as the codes would be region specific to your account

2 cod dlc is region locked

Youd litterally would have to find an etailer for his region and make a purchase on your own and send it to him
  6. CamicaziBoss Win User

Game

Gifts on Xbox are region locked. Your friend can either ask for a refund or give the code to someone else in his region.
Thema:

1. If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow? - Similar Threads - gift someone DLC

2. Someone hacked into my account then gifted them Minecraft and I want a refund it was all...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone hacked into my account then gifted them Minecraft and I want a refund it was all...: Help someone hack my account the gifted themselves Minecraft and it was all the money I had at the Tim and need refund please dec9f1b8-a04a-46c7-89c4-83541fdc7a06
  3. I gifted someone a game but they didnt get it and I cant refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted someone a game but they didnt get it and I cant refund: I gifted jedi survivor to him on the 25th and it's the 28th and he doesnt have it and I cant refund 397e774c-7603-488c-9c94-85da2d17e7b1
  4. Can someone help me get a gift card code

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone help me get a gift card code: Hi, at around 4 o’clock on the 22nd of December I bought a £5 Caffè Nero gift card via Microsoft Rewards on Xbox, it said that i would receive an email within 24 hours. It has almost been 48 hours...
  5. I have A code for redeeming a Elden ring game which someone sent me as a gift but it do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have A code for redeeming a Elden ring game which someone sent me as a gift but it do...: I have A code for redeeming a Elden ring game which someone sent me as a gift but it do have / in it to complete 25 characters. Please advise 50a27624-e98d-479e-ae5b-15e110057938
  6. Can I get someone who gifted me a game specifically for Xbox when I am on PC and can't play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get someone who gifted me a game specifically for Xbox when I am on PC and can't play it?: I was gifted a game that is specifically for Xbox, and doesn't work on PC. I was hoping I could get the person who sent me the game a refund since they spent their money on a game I can't play. I...
  7. What can I do to receive my gift card for my Xbox after someone stole it?

in XBoX on Windows
    What can I do to receive my gift card for my Xbox after someone stole it?: I’m trying to figure out what I can do after somebody stole my Xbox game card. It was a $25 gift card. 5d2196b5-1cd8-4f3b-9144-0fef93efeda9
  8. Someone Hacked my Microsoft account and sent xbox gift cards. How do I get refunds?

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone Hacked my Microsoft account and sent xbox gift cards. How do I get refunds?: First of all I have no idea about how my account got hacked as the passwords are not saved in the browser. Secondly, for a company like microsoft it is unexpected that they don't even send code to...
  9. I need help refunding digital gamepass ultimate coeds that I gifted to someone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help refunding digital gamepass ultimate coeds that I gifted to someone: I need help refunding gamepass ultimate that I gifted to someone digitally 9d23d54c-a3e9-4390-b777-618b8a484db5
  10. If I buy dying light 2 X/S optimized version of game can I gift it to someone who’s on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy dying light 2 X/S optimized version of game can I gift it to someone who’s on...: If I buy the game on series x can I gift it to someone who’s on the Xbox 1 1be8e3f2-2f78-46fc-aa36-cf95c25eb2b1