If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...

Discus and support If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox is trouble shooting or something like that and ive tried everything I could and I've had my Xbox for 8years. I'm scared if I partially factory... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aaron Dooley, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Aaron Dooley
    Aaron Dooley Guest

If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...

My Xbox is trouble shooting or something like that and ive tried everything I could and I've had my Xbox for 8years. I'm scared if I partially factory reset my Xbox can I still log into my account and have my game progress

:)

Aaron Dooley, Apr 27, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those accounts?

Hi there Aaron, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Don't worry, if you reset your console to its factory settings, all you'll need to do is re-add your account to the console with your email and password. So, it's important that you know this information before doing so. You won't lose your game progress as it's automatically saved in the Xbox Cloud and will synchronize automatically when you open your games.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. alanlazo Win User

xbox offline update

so if i chose factory reset, ill have to erase all data including games, then re install games and still keep my progress?
  4. Flamebait Win User

Dead rising 3 Level and weapon blueprints problem!

Tried a hard reset and it made no difference. Then did a factory reset and reinstalled the game, which forced it to re-sync my progress with the cloud storage and this recovered my level and progress. I did *not* attempt to play it while it thought my level
    was zero before trying this in order to avoid a conflict with the cloud syncing. Took the better part of an hour to do this and I have half a day of re-installing all my other games ahead of me, but at least it recovered my progress.
  5. Nemesis971 Win User

Constantly getting "Sign in with controller" on first sign in attempt

Hi Ixll

There are no risks/losses that I know of in doing a factory reset, you will have to re-download everything but all your saves/progress is saved to the cloud on Xbox one so you can just re-sync them.

To perform a factory reset goto Settings - System - Factory reset.

Unfortunately in my case this DID NOT fix my issue as its still reoccurring. In fact nothing that I've tried so far has worked

Power cycle

Hard reboot

Re-downloading my profile

Reset kinect sign in data

Factory reset

Resetting my network

Enabling IP-sec passthrough on my Virgin Media Superhub

My account security settings are up to date

I am currently testing my console on a different account, but I'm not confident this is helping. Had no issues so far after one day. Of course I've then got to get back in touch with Xbox support on twitter to see if they can work out why my main account
    is having intermittent sign in issues.
  6. NaggingArtist3 Win User

Lot of XBOX One games keeps crashing to dash

I did a factory reset today and re-installed all my games. COD still freezes.
Thema:

1. If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those... - Similar Threads - factory reset still

2. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  3. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  4. Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?: I have made a post like a hour ago saying that I have a problem where my Xbox has a start up error with the code E106. I noticed that there was a second option called offline system update. I...
  5. If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?: Hello I wanted to know if i factory reset my Xbox will it keep my built in game i have . In this case it is Forza Horizon 5 . Even if i create a new account on it Naglis...
  6. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  7. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  8. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  9. Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...: After a system update my Xbox one S has been unusable. It would switch on but nothing would load. I followed the steps for an offline reset, this worked for a few days, then the same problem...
  10. If I factory reset my xbox series s can I still retrieve my game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I factory reset my xbox series s can I still retrieve my game data: My xbox series s controller keeps scrolling down and I've tried everything except a factory reset. If I factory reset my consol can I still retrieve all my saved game data?...