If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?

Discus and support If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I ordered ufc 5 disc and while waiting for it to arrive I downloaded the game to my Xbox and was wanting to know if I can then use the disc version of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kevin Schmidt1, Nov 22, 2023.

1. If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?

I ordered ufc 5 disc and while waiting for it to arrive I downloaded the game to my Xbox and was wanting to know if I can then use the disc version of the game to verify and be able to play the digital version I downloaded. I don't want to have to wait for it to install when the disc arrives I want to be able to just pop it in and play

:)

Kevin Schmidt1, Nov 22, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Forza Horizon 3

Do you own the disc version or the digital version? If the disc version, then it is not play anywhere. If it is digital, then the game can be downloaded to your PC. Make sure you are using the same account on your PC that you used to purchase the game.
    Then you should be able to download at no extra cost.
  3. Sodangidni Win User

If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?

Hello, Kevin S. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Actually, you can do that. In case you want to know how to do this, I’m going to share the steps below:

Step 1. Download and configure the Xbox app on your mobile phone.
    Step 2. Go to the search tab and look for the game (UFC 5 in this particular case).
    Step 3. Tap the result and then tap on “Download to console”
    Step 4. Select your console and tap on “install to this console”.

When your disc arrives, as long as you have it inserted, you should be able to play the game.

I hope you find this answer helpful to your request. However, I’ll remain attentive in case you have any other questions.

Thanks for your time,

Arturo.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox Play Anywhere

Hey CJ,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, the
    Play Anywhere feature
    is reserved for digital copies.

"Are Xbox Play Anywhere games digital only or also disc games?"

"Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to digital games. Xbox Play Anywhere games can be purchased in the Xbox Store, the Windows Store, or via a digital code at participating retailers."

Also, there is no program for getting digital versions of games cheaper for owning the disc version. The only thing I can think of would be trying to sell the disc version to buy the digital version.

Hope this helps!
  5. c01dheart Win User

Can't play a game on my XboxOne that I bought on Xbox360's market

Did you buy the digital version of the game or the disc?

If you have the digital version, yes, make sure you are logged into your Xbox with the same account that you purchased it with. You should see the game in your "Ready to Install" section of your Xbox, download the game from there.

For disc version, it should download as soon as you put the disc in, keep in mind that to play the disc version, the disc will have to be in the tray to play.
  6. Smwutches Win User

disc damaged ... workaround ? digital version ?

You would have to purchase the digital version in order to have the digital version. There is no way to download the game digitally just by owning the disc
Thema:

1. If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc? - Similar Threads - download digital version

2. How come skate 2 is not available for EA play or just digital download?

in XboX Insiders
    How come skate 2 is not available for EA play or just digital download?: I have 1 and 3 just not 2 and I grew up with the second skate game. submitted by /u/Tiabetianquailudes [link] [comments]
  3. I have asked for a refund for a digital download. I never received. Please advise.

in XBoX on Windows
    I have asked for a refund for a digital download. I never received. Please advise.: I have asked for A Refund 4 digital download that I have never received. I have went through the proper channels. Still have not received my refund. Please advise. LouderRefund 4 digital download...
  4. Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy -

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy -: Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy - disc doesn’t want to finish downloading so I bough 1 in the Xbox store and does exactly the same thing stops at...
  5. Please add "The Warriors" XBox game by Rockstar games for digital download on the Microsoft...

in XboX Insiders
    Please add "The Warriors" XBox game by Rockstar games for digital download on the Microsoft...: Hello, I'd like to request to please add "The Warriors" XBox game by Rockstar games for digital download on the Microsoft Store. This game is a classic! & I'm sure XBox fanatics would go crazy...
  6. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  7. Can I download my digital games on another console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download my digital games on another console?: I have xbox series s. Can I download my games to a separate console? fca4f4c0-19f6-4535-ba09-7b86e2d4b6ff
  8. received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?: I recently brought cod mwIII vault upgrade but I haven't recipe the content. I brought it though xbox store I own the digital game any ideas on how to get my stuff I paid for ??...
  9. Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download: I purchased MSFS in DEC of 2022 and installed and played it for several months. I deleted it to clear up space. When I went to go back and install it from XBOX, I couldn't find my purchase. I...
  10. So I’m downloading Fallout 3 on my Xbox one I bought the digital version and the dlcs but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I’m downloading Fallout 3 on my Xbox one I bought the digital version and the dlcs but...: All it’s saying is that I don’t own the dlcs in my save files on my Xbox one but I got the dlcs downloaded 9c2d703c-a289-49ac-aa0e-a944f5f4137e