If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices

Discus and support If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; ( If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices ) Hi my brother have my account now and I wanted to delete some personal... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Tobias D1, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Tobias D1
    Tobias D1 Guest

( If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices )

Hi my brother have my account now and I wanted to delete some personal stuff. But he plays like 24/7 games.

I just have the app on my phone.

:)

Tobias D1, Mar 19, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Tobias. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Yes, that's correct. Deleting a chat from the Xbox app is removed from other devices, including the PC Xbox app and Xbox consoles. So, doing that procedure shouldn't allow your brother to see the chat once it's connected to the internet.

Let me know if you have any other inquiry.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Playa_037 Win User

Xbox app messages not working on iPad and iPhone

I was able to fix this, finally.

Problem is with the messages (sorry, now called "chats" for some reason".

I signed out of the Xbox app and resigned in on this application only (first), and then on 'all applications on this device' (second). Neither made a difference.

I signed out of the Xbox app, then deleted the app, reinstalled the app and signed back in - same problem.

The problem is the chats themselves, I message a lot, and I had a lot of old ones hanging around from when they were called messages.

Deleting all the recent chats temporarily fixed the problem, but the legacy ones can't easily be deleted.

I think the problem is the Xbox app has problems displaying your chats when there's too many of them.

For the legacy ones, I found I could delete the chat if the user who it was sent to was online.

But for the others, sending them a message (I just spammed everyone with a single character message), would then allow me to clear out all the legacy chats.

Now the Xbox app correctly displays them all. Buggy iOS application from Microsoft and needs to be fixed.
  4. elquietone Win User

Constantly disconnecting from Xbox live?

What happens if you delete the app on your phone? Though, this should not be causing the issues unless its an app that uses the live account to also chat via live.. Sorta like the PC games for windows live and xbox live, cannot be used at the same time
    with the same account. One will sign out the other.

I would delete the app and then get back to us if its still doing the same thing. :)
  5. Gotham Command Win User

Buttons don't work

If the Netflix app doesn’t respond, delete and reinstall the app. Here’s how:

From the Xbox Dashboard, go to Settings, and then select System.

Select Storage.

Select your primary storage device (most likely Hard Drive).

Select Games and Apps.

Find and select any items that refer to Netflix.

Select Delete.

Return to the Xbox Dashboard.

Go to Apps, and then select Browse Apps.

Browse or search for Netflix.

Select Netflix to download the app. (Let me know if you've already done this also make sure to note delete all items that refer to Netflix. I've had people tell me they deleted the main app but not the other one and the issue has stayed until they clear
    everything out)

Also feel free to PM about this if that is easier for you
  6. JohnSheppard92 Win User

Turning off XBox Advertisment via Chat

I immidiatly deleted the Chat, so I can't, but it shows up as a Chat in the Social Tab just like Chats with my Friends. I usually get a Message like this once a month or so, sometimes more. So it's not super often, but really annoying. I also get a Notification in the Xbox App as long as I don't click on it or delete it.

Just got one today though
Thema:

1. If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices - Similar Threads - delete chat app

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  6. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  7. Is there any way to recover deleted chats from the Xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to recover deleted chats from the Xbox app?: I've been searching for any way possible to see if there's a way to recover deleted chats from the Xbox app and no luck. I bet there's probably third parties I can use, but I'd rather not risk...
  8. I accidentally deleted a 5 year old Xbox chat with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I accidentally deleted a 5 year old Xbox chat with my friend: I opened the new message to read it, I for some reason pressed multiple buttons and the chat opened saying it’s empty I thought it glitched so opened the friends profile to message and the chat...
  9. Deleted Xbox chat keeps coming back and breaking the messaging functionality

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Deleted Xbox chat keeps coming back and breaking the messaging functionality: On July 4th I sent a message to an American friend wishing her a happy Independence Day. She replied back with a message saying thanks. Since then, we have sent multiple messages back and forth in...
  10. My son recently got suspended for a reported chat message but he deleted all of his Xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son recently got suspended for a reported chat message but he deleted all of his Xbox...: Is there anyway I can retrieve all of my son’s deleted Xbox chat messages/conversations? My son was recently suspended for calling someone something vulgar and then deleted all of his chat...