If I delete downloaded content, will i still be able to play the same game save?

Discus and support If I delete downloaded content, will i still be able to play the same game save? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm playing Skyrim right now and I have to delete some things to install GTA5.. I was wondering if I delete the DLC for Skyrim if I'll still ba able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SatinBacchus45, May 5, 2014.

1. If I delete downloaded content, will i still be able to play the same game save?

I'm playing Skyrim right now and I have to delete some things to install GTA5.. I was wondering if I delete the DLC for Skyrim if I'll still ba able to play with the latest game save?

:)

SatinBacchus45, May 5, 2014
  2. is there a way to not be able to delete downloaded games?

I tried that suggestion above but I am still able to delete games from the local Hard Drive while not being signed into LIVE. Also I have Family Mode enabled and it blocks all LIVE content and I am still able to delete all downloaded games :-/

PinchPandora53, May 5, 2014
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Games across all profiles?

On the 360 other accounts can access your games as long as they are using the same console that you originally downloaded the games on (or have transferred licenses to). You can play your content online or offline, but I believe the other accounts do have
    to be online in order to access your content. They can still access your content if you delete your profile.

Smwutches, May 5, 2014
  4. If I delete downloaded content, will i still be able to play the same game save?

Your best option would be to transfer Skyrim/GTA onto a USB or a Hard drive. I would highly doubt that you can continue playing a save without the DLC installed

BobbyTheCactus, May 5, 2014
  5. Hi Satin,

As per your question, you would not be able to continue playing from your last save if the DLC content was a part of that save.

BobbyTheCactus' advice to save the content onto a USB or another Hard Drive would be the best option to ensure you do not lose your saved progress.

Additionally, you may be able to create space for the game if you were to look into alternative apps/demos/games to delete in your storage settings.

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing about your progress/experience.

Thanks,

-

xk1ng0fH3artzx, Oct 31, 2018
  6. xk1ng0fH3artzx Win User

If I delete downloaded content, will i still be able to play the same game save?

Hi Satin,

As per your question, you would not be able to continue playing from your last save if the DLC content was a part of that save.

BobbyTheCactus' advice to save the content onto a USB or another Hard Drive would be the best option to ensure you do not lose your saved progress.

Additionally, you may be able to create space for the game if you were to look into alternative apps/demos/games to delete in your storage settings.

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing about your progress/experience.

Thanks,

-
  7. BobbyTheCactus Win User

Your best option would be to transfer Skyrim/GTA onto a USB or a Hard drive. I would highly doubt that you can continue playing a save without the DLC installed
  8. elquietone Win User

glitch with save game

Hello,

When you say you download some of the dungeons, I assume you mean you download one of the Download packs offered. Could you try deleting the download content you bought and then download it again, you will NOT have to pay again for it. This is just in case
    the download content is broken, if your able to load your save but not continue then the save file seems to be working. It is weird that you cannot ask the game to save again or it freezes. Also delete the game update that should be in the same place as the
    download content. DO NOT delete your save file.. only extra content and update.

Please try this suggestion and let us know what happens. :)
  9. ShaqKing32 Win User

Assassin's Creed 2 DLC problem

I have done everything, that is in that link, you gave me, but still have same problem. I launch the game and an information appears, that an update is needed, without it I won't be able to play the content. I deleted game and downloaded game many times,
    with same result. Is that possible this is fault of polish version of game? Is it possible to download english version with Games with Gold?
  10. Schuschuh Win User

Fable 3 Free Content

Hello,

I have Fable 3 for Pc and i downloaded Free Content for my game and play the game with this.

Now i will delete the Content from my game But this going not.

When i delete the Content i can't play my saved game because i custom the Content .

I have in the game all the content undressed / stored.

What should I do about my saved game
    to play without the content?

Help me please
Thema:

1. If I delete downloaded content, will i still be able to play the same game save? - Similar Threads - delete downloaded content

2. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  3. If i download an xbox 360 game from the disc and after i saved a game i delete it and buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i download an xbox 360 game from the disc and after i saved a game i delete it and buy...: If i download an xbox 360 game from the disc and after i saved a game, i deleted and buy the game from the store. The save remains? 366c72a8-2ee3-4d4c-97e4-ca19dff66b83
  4. How do I delete game saves if I downloaded a game online on my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I delete game saves if I downloaded a game online on my Xbox one: I am trying to delete my saves for asphalt legend 9 that I downloaded to my Xbox one. 36a6f183-c37c-4a91-8ad1-7b3d3bcc1a89
  5. Freeze on download and dont delete or pause the game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Freeze on download and dont delete or pause the game: Download pepa pig for fan but it freeze at 23% and dont canceling the download 97b25924-5166-4db5-8f06-c4393ed4c78b
  6. I deleted cod mw2 for space but I downloaded it back for mw3 but when I login my account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I deleted cod mw2 for space but I downloaded it back for mw3 but when I login my account...: i lost all my skins,blueprints and level 13063ff6-5b18-400b-bd04-b4680661d746
  7. I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...: Sorry I am not familiar with Xbox or gaming, I just want to know if i delete this game from my Xbox XS, will it still be on my Xbox one? The game was originally bought on the Xbox one, i just...
  8. How do I download my deleted profile back from the 360 from the series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I download my deleted profile back from the 360 from the series X?: So, I was playing one of my Xbox 360 games and then it said I couldn’t connect to Xbox live. So then I accidentally deleted my profile to try and fix it. And now it won’t let me download it back...
  9. Hi my mortal kombat xl has deleted the add-on pack I had downloaded it's not in my order...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my mortal kombat xl has deleted the add-on pack I had downloaded it's not in my order...: I am in need of an answer to my question? c8f86628-acd5-4e80-a2aa-d9b43c691447
  10. I deleted my Xbox 360 local storage on my Series S Can’t download profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    I deleted my Xbox 360 local storage on my Series S Can’t download profile: Every time I try to play a Xbox 360 game and download my profile it says cannot connect to Xbox live. It was just working before I cleared Xbox 360 local storage. Please someone help...