If I close this Microsoft account will my Xbox account that uses this gmail close and erase...

Discus and support If I close this Microsoft account will my Xbox account that uses this gmail close and erase... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The closing account page wasn’t specific and I’m concerned about losing 4-6 years of Xbox data 95db343c-7d7b-4fc6-840e-aa96cfd31889 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jamari_467, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Jamari_467
    Jamari_467 Guest

If I close this Microsoft account will my Xbox account that uses this gmail close and erase...

The closing account page wasn’t specific and I’m concerned about losing 4-6 years of Xbox data

:)

Jamari_467, Feb 1, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

If I close this Microsoft account will my Xbox account that uses this gmail close and erase my data?

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

It deletes every service related to a Microsoft account including any data from Microsoft Xbox.
  3. fredgiblet Win User

how to remove

If it's a Microsoft e-mail (Hotmail, Live, Outlook) then you can't, they are automatically WLIDs. If it's a non-Microsoft e-mail (Gmail, Comcast, etc.) then you can go to account.live.com and click on Close account, that will close the Windows Live ID.
    Keep in mind that that will break your Xbox account if that is the WLID the Xbox account uses.
  4. Giap_Nguyen Win User

Microsoft account got closed because of inactivity and lost my Minecraft account.

Yes, the Gmail account is still active it's just the Microsoft account that got closed because of inactivity.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Microsoft account closure

Hi reytorres05,

Thanks for your post. If you are using a 3rd party email as your Microsoft account alias and you delete the Microsoft account it is on, you will not lose your email. Since Google manages Gmail, Microsoft is unable to close your Gmail account.

I hope this helps.
  6. Jason of Oz Win User

Alias Account help pls

If a Microsoft Account has an alias from a outside email provider (e.g. Gmail), and you remove that alias, it won't close the outside account that hosts that email address.

For example, my Microsoft Account has an @gmail.com currently configured as an alias. If I remove that alias, I'll still be able to access my Gmail via Gmail, using my Google Account while I continue to access my @outlook.com addresses via Outlook.com using my Microsoft Account.

Mind you, this is just general advice. If your mum has been using her Microsoft Account and Outlook.com to sync all her mail from Gmail she may not be familiar with Gmail's interfaces (and may not even have all the mail in her Gmail inbox anymore if it was sync'd to Outlook.com and deleted). You should also make sure your mum doesn't use the Microsoft Account to access any other services.

- Jason
Thema:

1. If I close this Microsoft account will my Xbox account that uses this gmail close and erase... - Similar Threads - close Microsoft account

2. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed
  3. I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it: I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it. what do I do? 76ec2d1e-743b-46b1-a086-be1d336ac7d8
  4. Did you closed my Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Did you closed my Microsoft Account?: I have bought Minecraft in 2022. Made Microsoft Account which I never used or remember the username to. I wanted to regain access to the account, only to findout that starts with Vi and it is...
  5. My previous microsoft account was closed for inactivity from me not logging in through the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My previous microsoft account was closed for inactivity from me not logging in through the...: My previous microsoft account was closed for inactivity from me not logging in through the browser, however, I have been using this account to play minecraft on, and I migrated my mojang account...
  6. On my PS5 Minecraft logs me out of my Microsoft account every time I close the game and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    On my PS5 Minecraft logs me out of my Microsoft account every time I close the game and I...: Idk whether its something I'm doing wrong but I click stay signed in every time but it always signs me out again and its very frustrating a2b3b38f-812c-465b-bdee-e92b53d97d74
  7. Can i delete minecraft from my microsoft account? or just close the minecraft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i delete minecraft from my microsoft account? or just close the minecraft account?: if not then is there a way to get rid of the game? 80e9abe2-7c56-4b24-9141-1f3403c7045d
  8. How to close microsoft account immediately

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to close microsoft account immediately: Title BUT NOT THIS ONE OK OTHER ONE 0fa0fd17-27c0-4e8c-819b-b4dd83690795
  9. Speeding up the time to close my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Speeding up the time to close my microsoft account: I want to close my microsoft account so I can add my email address to my account that has all of my xbox data on it, but I can't add that email because of the 30 day period before the account...
  10. If I close my microsoft account, will my subscriptions be canceled?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I close my microsoft account, will my subscriptions be canceled?: Hello, If I close my microsoft account, will my subscriptions be canceled? Thank you, Janek 02dde60b-b17b-414f-b379-2723ad62e7b5