If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd?

Discus and support If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was think of cloning the internal ssd to a ssd with more storage and just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything preventing that.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RashonSchomaker, Sep 10, 2023.

1. If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd?

I was think of cloning the internal ssd to a ssd with more storage and just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything preventing that.

:)

RashonSchomaker, Sep 10, 2023
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Discussing any type of console modification is not allowed on the forums.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  4. Stimulus Style Win User

I need help with my series s

It's because the Series S/X are new gen. They require the xbox SSD. You are using an HDD. SSD's are way faster than an SSD, the series s is trying to run the 120fps and higher graphics. Thats why they are telling you to move the games. It wants you to play them on the internal SSD storage.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox series s

Depends.If they are physical versions then yes as the Series S has no disc drive.If they are digital versions then no.

A small few companies may charge for the X/S upgrade but the majority are free & any X/S version must be on the internal SSD to work or the external SSD card if you have one.
  6. NJ Lunatic Win User

Can we transfer its windows store games to another storage?

Hello.
    I'll make it simple, I currently have the game pass on PC except that I will change hard drive to switch to a full SSD system but I do not know at all if I can transfer my games on my SSD, can we do it Or will I have to be reinstalled?
    Hi xXKeithHawkeXx,

If you are doing a total switch from HD to SSD typically the SSD manufacturer has a tool available to clone your current HD. With that tool you can transfer or clone your current HD to the SSD with your games on it so you do not have to re-download
    them.
Thema:

1. If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd? - Similar Threads - clone current ssd

2. When will we be able to upgrade internal SSD without cloning as SSDs are starting to fail?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to upgrade internal SSD without cloning as SSDs are starting to fail?: as we are seeing SSDs in the next gen consoles are starting to fail me and im sure many want to upgrade our storage, why is this not implemented as you can do this with a PS5...
  3. I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open...: Hello, to whom this may concern: I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open because it is offline. The storage might be missing or disconnected"....
  4. Cloned SSD to larger drive, now FS won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloned SSD to larger drive, now FS won't start: Hi, I have FS2020 (physical disc version) installed on a separate 256 SSD (drive G). The SSD was almost full so I cloned it to a 500Mb SSD. Windows loaded fine and could see the drive (still G)....
  5. Star Wars The Clone Wars port to Xbox 360 Splitscreen not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars The Clone Wars port to Xbox 360 Splitscreen not working.: Like in the header, the games split screen isn't wanting to work. It looks like they rendering layered player 1 on top of part of player 2 and both on top of player three and so on with 4. The...
  6. Clone hard drive and Game Pass question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clone hard drive and Game Pass question: So I just bought a new ssd and I was planning to move my windows install to it, but I was wondering if cloning drives still breaks Game Pass games? Has Microsoft fixed this or is there a way...
  7. Clone an Xbox One external drive so I can swap it for another.

in XBoX on Windows
    Clone an Xbox One external drive so I can swap it for another.: Is it possible to clone my current Xbox external drive to replace it with another so I do not have to download everything again? fba76664-5d24-4f1a-b12b-b1dfe634c5c3
  8. Star wars the clone wars

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star wars the clone wars: Good evening/day Is anybody else having the same problem of not being able to purchase it?? PayPal keeps refunding me. c3d3dd4f-d9ba-43c5-8516-ef7974d83de9
  9. Neen help with Star Wars lll The Clone Wars

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neen help with Star Wars lll The Clone Wars: I don't use the other account anymore so i have to download the one i already have so i deleted my account then added it back that didn't work so how an i supposed to save the progress?...
  10. Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Hereos Launch client

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Hereos Launch client: I got this game from steam, but apparently to play it I need to download something from the xbox page. The steam community linked the website but apparently the xbox page says it doesnt exist...