If I buy a game to own that requires cloud gaming but don’t want the whole ultimate...

Discus and support If I buy a game to own that requires cloud gaming but don’t want the whole ultimate... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’d like to play Slime Rancher 2, but there is a notice that says it’s only playable with cloud gaming. I only want the game and not the whole ultimate... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ApolloThePyro, Mar 4, 2023.

1. If I buy a game to own that requires cloud gaming but don’t want the whole ultimate...

I’d like to play Slime Rancher 2, but there is a notice that says it’s only playable with cloud gaming. I only want the game and not the whole ultimate subscription. Would it be a waste to buy to own since I’m not willing to purchase the subscription right now?

:)

ApolloThePyro, Mar 4, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

If I buy a game to own that requires cloud gaming but don’t want the whole ultimate subscription, can I still play it?

There are no games that have that requirement currently. If you're playing it on an Xbox One, it may day that because that game is not available for the Xbox One. So even if you were to buy it, you would need the cloud to play it on that console. If you're using a Series S/X or PC, you would not need Game Pass Ultimate.
  3. Criptek Leader Win User

Microsoft Store and Steam Deck

Cloud gaming doesn't have owned games just requires game pass ultimate...
  4. ngocphi Win User

If I own a game via Xbox Cloud, do i need Game pass in order to access it through backbone/xbox cloud mobile?

Owned games hssnt comedy to cloud and yes in order to use cloud you still need ultimate but buying a game to use on cloud will be coming soon they are testing it atm but cloud other then fortnite still requires a subscription

There is no way to avoid that fee

Unless you have a console then remote play it
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

If I purchase MSFS Deluxe edition on Cloud will i be able to play it on PC?

The cloud version runs on Xbox consoles

It doesn't require you to purchase it, as it is included in Xbox game pass ultimate, which you are required to purchase to access the cloud. If you want extra plans, you can buy them in the endgame store, all of them are available individually
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox Play Anywhere game doesn't support cloud saves - but that's an integral feature!

nope gamepass ultimate is not required for cloud saves on PC. you don't even need gamepass for cloud saves on PC as i have many games that save to the cloud without any subs and are usable on console.

but that game is a play anywhere game and the whole deal with that is you get to play your game on console and windows 10 pc and your save goes with you, regardless of sub.
Thema:

If I buy a game to own that requires cloud gaming but don’t want the whole ultimate...

1. If I buy a game to own that requires cloud gaming but don’t want the whole ultimate... - Similar Threads - buy game own

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold: I own dungeon siege 3 from gfg Nov 2015 decided to go back to it and clear it. However it said there was an error and I uninstalled it. Now I can't install unless I purchase it...
  4. I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...: I cant buy xbox pc game pass, probably becuase I previuosly had subscription "xbox game pass friends & family" untill March 2023. When ever i try to buy pc game pass it just says I already owned...
  5. Do I need to buy xbox game pass core or ultimate to play multiplayer games even if I own...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need to buy xbox game pass core or ultimate to play multiplayer games even if I own...: I have a question if I own a multiplayer game do I still need to buy game pass ultimate or core e2cbdd2b-8593-4824-8f7d-2c0da1d599d2
  6. The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it.: A week or so ago i switched over to a new pc. Upon downloading the minecraft launcher on this new pc and signing in to my microsoft account it states that i do not own minecraft and have to...
  7. Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months: I bought cyberpunk 2077 with phantom liberty dlc was playing for like 2 months then the dlc gets released. Now it says I need to buy cyberpunk 2077 to play game. But I already owned it and was...
  8. Can I buy the MWIII vault edition upgrade if I don’t own the game on my account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy the MWIII vault edition upgrade if I don’t own the game on my account?: So I game share with my cousin and he pre-ordered the MWIII cross-gen bundle. I want to buy the vault edition upgrade that costs $30 but I don’t know if I’ll be able to purchase it because I don’t...
  9. Trying to make me buy gamepass to play a game I own.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to make me buy gamepass to play a game I own.: I bought a game for 70$ "TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE" ultimate edition and now when I click on it it says chose the plan that's right for you GAME PASS ULTIMATE AND GAMEPASS CORE "PLESE FIX...
  10. Minecraft is asking me to buy the game I already own when trying to sign in on a new laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft is asking me to buy the game I already own when trying to sign in on a new laptop.: I've installed the game from my library within the xbox app, surely that proves I already own the game. 388725c2-a7d7-48f2-b034-4ec4e36c5164