If I buy a digital game will it stay in my Microsoft account, until I'm ready to download it?

Discus and support If I buy a digital game will it stay in my Microsoft account, until I'm ready to download it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Its a Christmas present and don't want it to show on his xbox yet db8b833c-8992-43c9-9d9e-859cc41421b1 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by anna cooke, Nov 22, 2023.

1. anna cooke
    anna cooke Guest

If I buy a digital game will it stay in my Microsoft account, until I'm ready to download it?

Its a Christmas present and don't want it to show on his xbox yet

:)

anna cooke, Nov 22, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Anna! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

That is correct, it should stay on your account permanently. Once you purchase a digital game on your account, the game will show up under your library on your console ready to download.

If you prefer, you can purchase the digital game on Christmas day so that your son won't see the game in the console's library.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Upinya Slayin Win User

Master chief collection

i'm pretty sure it comes with a beta code if you buy physical to download it when its ready, digitally it should add the beta automatically to your account and will download when its ready
  4. VHDB Win User

Xbox one digital games

I purchased games from sellers on ebay that the sellers have the accounts with the games on it ready to download and install well Microsoft just confirmed to me that some sellers are not genuine and are violating the terms so Microsoft have removed my digital
    games purchased from a third party selling site. And they have proven my point that they want more money from people. So a huge warning please don't buy digital games from a third selling source and you may loose all your digital games just like i have.
    I'm just an innocent buyer that Microsoft have taken my games now I'm out of pocket of money and games.
  5. swanlee Win User

WRC 6 is not showing up in the Xbox Store in the USA

I've tired that before for other games that were not avialable digitally in the USA but if I buy it in another region I'm pretty sure it will not download to my account in the USA. I'd have to change my location and I'd lose my current digital games that
    are attached to my USA located profile.

I'm all digital and just want to buy it in the USA.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Как сделать чтобы ребенок не восстанавливал игру? [How do you make sure my child doesn't recover?]

Once a digital game is purchased, it is associated with that account. You can delete it off the console but it will stay in your ready to install section. Is the account set up as a child account?
Thema:

1. If I buy a digital game will it stay in my Microsoft account, until I'm ready to download it? - Similar Threads - buy digital game

2. If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...: I would like to buy a digital apex legends gift card however it says that this card is only for xbox one and there is not a option for xbox x/s and I only have a xbox series s. I am wondering that...
  3. Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?: I'm asking this because I use a Chromebook and since it's possible to do so with GTA V, I wonder if it is possible to do with red dead redemption 2 as well. [moved from de-de]...
  4. If I upgrade from my Xbox One to the Xbox series S, will I need to re buy digital versions...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I upgrade from my Xbox One to the Xbox series S, will I need to re buy digital versions...: I am looking to upgrade to the Xbox series S, however all my games are currently hard copies. If I did upgrade to the S, will I need to replace/re buy all of my games as digital copies? Or as they...
  5. Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?

in XboX Insiders
    Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?: I bought the Fallout 3 add-on pack Broken Steel and Point Lookout. Its been a a hundred years since I have been gaming so I didnt think about the fact that of course I needed the original Fallout...
  6. I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...: I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game pass is not activated on my subscription 9fbd7a25-7273-47ad-a43e-58f357085386
  7. Do I get a digital code after buying a game from the Xbox website

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I get a digital code after buying a game from the Xbox website: Do I get a code or the game disc is sent to my location 633386fc-7316-44cc-854a-b7c74a88afa0
  8. Im buying an Xbox game online from Target and it is digital and will be sent...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im buying an Xbox game online from Target and it is digital and will be sent...: Im buying an Xbox game fifa 2023 from Target and they have it digitally. I will get it via email and I assume they will send a code. I plan to send it as a gift to someone in Spain. Will they be...
  9. bought a game digitalize doesn't download and says I have to buy it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bought a game digitalize doesn't download and says I have to buy it again: Bought gTa again because I said i did not have it then bought it and now it wont download and have to buy it again c07dfaa9-782c-4806-b10a-24bdff92c094
  10. Do I have to buy the game again for a digital copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I have to buy the game again for a digital copy?: I have GTA V on disc and I’ve upgraded to the Xbox S. d87a7bfd-0c07-4716-8a44-060c81e8dfea