If I am waiting for a gamertag to clear up (someone already has it) and I try to use it...

Discus and support If I am waiting for a gamertag to clear up (someone already has it) and I try to use it... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I use the gamertag PDG200 for almost everything, and I am running into the problem that someone already has that tag in microsoft. I put my name in as... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Peyton Gammel, Dec 31, 2023.

1. If I am waiting for a gamertag to clear up (someone already has it) and I try to use it...

I use the gamertag PDG200 for almost everything, and I am running into the problem that someone already has that tag in microsoft. I put my name in as PDG200 and it added a suffix. If the person that has the tag PDG200 currently changes their name, does my suffix get automatically get removed or do I need to change it to something else and then back again?

:)

Peyton Gammel, Dec 31, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

If I am waiting for a gamertag to clear up (someone already has it) and I try to use it with the auto generated suffix, will it automatically remove the suffix?

No you should've waitrd

By doing that not you gotta change the name.to something.else

And then wait bit and try again

And no you can't reattempt the name without changing to something else as it would see you already have the namr

If more then one person has it you will be waiting a long time

You are better off making your own variation if the name
  3. Smwutches Win User

If I am waiting for a gamertag to clear up (someone already has it) and I try to use it with the auto generated suffix, will it automatically remove the suffix?

You would have to change it. It won't drop off on its own.
  4. Wild Boar Prime Win User

Is there no way to retrieve an old gamertag after changing?

I am afraid you cannot get your old gamertag back. No one snagged or used it, it's just that the XBox Live system does not release used gamertags for availability. That is why when you try to register a gamertag, and have the error that it is already in
    used though gamerscores are at 0, it is because someone has owned this gamertag before and changed it to something else.

There is still no date about microsoft releasing unused gamertags with the Xbox 360. Some Live gamertags that has been used before with the original Xbox (not the 360) has already been released.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Why does my gamertag show up as User and then alot of numbers?

I have changed my gamertag and when I am online playing games it will show up as User and then have a lot of numbers. I even paid to have my gamertag changed and it still does the same thing. Is there a way I can change this. I want for the right gamertag to show up when I am online.
    It means someone else already had the same gamertag as you.

Whenever you change your gamertag to something that someone is already using itll put numbers at the end to differentiate you and other players who have the same gamertag.

Itll show you how your gamertag would look before completing the purchase including if it will have numbers at the end.

The only way to get a gamertag without the numbers at the end would be to change it to one no one else has.
  6. Deja Vu Skies Win User

Taken Gamertags

I have some old gamertags that I want to reuse but need to wait on Microsoft to clear them up. If you send the gamertag you want a friend invite from a tag that you are using it will show as a pending friend request. If the gamertag is being used it will
    be either accepted or rejected, but if it just disapears then it has been made available for use again.
Thema:

If I am waiting for a gamertag to clear up (someone already has it) and I try to use it...

1. If I am waiting for a gamertag to clear up (someone already has it) and I try to use it... - Similar Threads - waiting gamertag clear

2. Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?: I have been looking into purchasing a new series x which are currently 10% off (going for $450) would it be best to wait for the 4th of july for a better sale? submitted by...
  3. So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...: So my xbox one s randomly switched itself off while in the middle of doing something, so I waited a min, turned it back on... No picture, had sound but no picture, checked hdmi, checked power...
  4. New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game

in XboX Insiders
    New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game: https://www.xbox.com/sv-SE/games/store/cant-wait-to-die/9MSR28JPFCGK/0010 Can't Wait to Die thrusts players into a thrilling platforming adventure where every moment is a precarious dance between...
  5. Defectuous mouse in warranty waiting for replacement.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Defectuous mouse in warranty waiting for replacement.: I own a 3500 Lochness mouse that had it's scroll wheel stop working recently. It was purchased Aug/2023 and it has a 3 year warranty. Local retailer pointed me to Microsoft's support since they...
  6. Do I have to wait the 2-3 weeks for a repair or can you provide a new Xbox for me sooner?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I have to wait the 2-3 weeks for a repair or can you provide a new Xbox for me sooner?: I sent in my Xbox series s for repairs on 2/12/24. I have come to understand that it can take anywhere between 2-3 weeks to receive it afterwards. My issue is that this is entirely too long. The...
  7. FAQ says You can log into XBOX while waiting, but when I try logging in XBOX it prompts me...

in XBoX on Windows
    FAQ says You can log into XBOX while waiting, but when I try logging in XBOX it prompts me...: Hi I have recently changed my details due to an account hack. I have to wait 30 days for the changes to take effect. How ever I am reading that signing into XBOX is available during this 30...
  8. I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...: My son was incorrectly charged for vbucks in December, I’ve been waiting since then for a refund. It has been excepted but I can’t find anywhere to discuss this as surely it should of been...
  9. Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...: My Xbox series X wont update any games on my home wifi network unless I wait several hours then it may finally start updating and not sit at 0% but if I switch to my hotspot it starts updating...
  10. I have payed the fee to get my gamertag to be changed to BamOnPetrol. have waited hours, it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have payed the fee to get my gamertag to be changed to BamOnPetrol. have waited hours, it...: Please get someone that can help me change it or find out why it has not been changed b93c3f1e-0cc8-47b1-99fc-ce98eea73719