If I already own and have a digital game downloaded but my Xbox isn’t my home console...

Discus and support If I already own and have a digital game downloaded but my Xbox isn’t my home console... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Witcher 3 enhanced downloaded on my series x but due to the fact that I gave my brother my old console and left it as my home Xbox so he has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zane maines, Apr 18, 2023.

1. zane maines
    zane maines Guest

If I already own and have a digital game downloaded but my Xbox isn’t my home console...

I have the Witcher 3 enhanced downloaded on my series x but due to the fact that I gave my brother my old console and left it as my home Xbox so he has my subscription and purchased games I cannot play my owned content without wifi and my wifi goes out frequently I’d like to know if I bought a physical copy of said game could I play it off the download that I already have or would I need to re download it and without wifi would it play the xbone version or the enhanced version since that’s what I have downloaded

:)

zane maines, Apr 18, 2023
  2. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Changing Xbox one console

Hi, i was thinking about purchasing an Xbox one s all digital console. My question is about games i own on disc. If i migrate to one of these consoles and sign in with my xbox live account, will i have to purchase all my games i own on disc again
    digitally or will i get to download them free of charge as i already own them. Thanks in advance.
    yes you would need digital copys even if you own the discs for the xb1 sad
  3. XBF George L Win User

Can I have multiple accounts on an xbox that share games?

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. Is the game on a disc or is it a digital download? If it is digital the account that owns the game would have to be made home console where you're daughter is having trouble accessing
    the content. Take a look at this helpful support article:
    How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox
    . Let us know with a reply how it goes.
  4. zane maines Win User

If I already own and have a digital game downloaded but my Xbox isn’t my home console could I insert a disc of the same game and play it without wifi

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply.
  5. Ben4724 Win User

If I already own and have a digital game downloaded but my Xbox isn’t my home console could I insert a disc of the same game and play it without wifi

More than happy to assist! If ever you are having problems playing the disc version of the game offline, feel free to post back here and if you could include any error messages that would help us to know what could cause the problem.

This thread is still open so feel free to post back. Thanks!
  6. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and Xbox gamer like you. Hope you are doing well!

With regards to your question, if the console is not your Home console but you have a disc version of the same game then yes that would work offline. Game discs are also playable offline after installation. Your console gets the license right from the disc.

More details about it can be found at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne... also noted on "What can I do Offline?" which notes that Play games (provided you've set this as your home Xbox or have a game disc) meaning you should be able to play it.

I hope the information helps somehow. Feel free to post back if you have further questions or concerns and we will try with the best of our knowledge to offer assistance.

Kind regards,

Ben
Thema:

1. If I already own and have a digital game downloaded but my Xbox isn’t my home console... - Similar Threads - already own digital

2. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  3. Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...: WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME ANYWHERE??? WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE??? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Ring638 [link] [comments]
  4. Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.: I have the official Minecraft launcher on my windows 10 PC. I am logged into my microsoft account. However it says: "Buy Now" when trying to open the Bedrock Edition of minecraft. I can verify...
  5. Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.: I have an Xbox 1s, and when I try to put in my Star Wars Battlefront game disc to play multiplayer it says "Looks like you need to renew EA play. If your subscription is current, try quitting and...
  6. Why did i lose already owned games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did i lose already owned games?: im trying to play call of duty with games i already owned for a few years and now its saying i have to rebuy the game. after i tried uninstalling the games it saying i dont own the games no more....
  7. I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...: I cant buy xbox pc game pass, probably becuase I previuosly had subscription "xbox game pass friends & family" untill March 2023. When ever i try to buy pc game pass it just says I already owned...
  8. The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it.: A week or so ago i switched over to a new pc. Upon downloading the minecraft launcher on this new pc and signing in to my microsoft account it states that i do not own minecraft and have to...
  9. Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months: I bought cyberpunk 2077 with phantom liberty dlc was playing for like 2 months then the dlc gets released. Now it says I need to buy cyberpunk 2077 to play game. But I already owned it and was...
  10. Why can't i already play a game i already own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i already play a game i already own?: I got a game but its telling me it isn't even downloaded yet but it is ready to play, when i open it it wont let me play it and it gives me a error code that has nothing to do with the problem...