If Family Sharing is a thing, then how can we turn it off?

Discus and support If Family Sharing is a thing, then how can we turn it off? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been playing Minecraft: Java Edition for pretty long. One day, after changing my Microsoft Account just for personal use, the Minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xenogenesis_420, Jan 19, 2023.

1. If Family Sharing is a thing, then how can we turn it off?

Hi,

I've been playing Minecraft: Java Edition for pretty long. One day, after changing my Microsoft Account just for personal use, the Minecraft Launcher states that I cannot play because of... Minecraft for Windows (which I also have) being used on Family Sharing? Well, I have to admit I use Family Safety and its a shared PC, but is there anyway I can turn it off? I've looked everywhere.

I've tried this:

• Uninstall Minecraft for Windows (reinstalled)
    • Completely reinstall the entire launcher
    I can appreciate anything that comes up with it.

Thanks.

:)

xenogenesis_420, Jan 19, 2023
  2. EDDS86 Win User

Am I the only one?

3. GovernedPanic96 Win User

can't get the free gold trial

hi Onyx,

thanks for your fast reply! we tried everything on the console, turning things on and off, but nothing worked.. ( my dad and I changed all sorts of things on dad's account, like the family settings, etc.) Could you please tell us how to change it?
  4. PlatinumSpectre Win User

Am I the only one?

What were the great features...? The family sharing thing is nothing like what we though and was basically a demo (so yeah, pointless). Just the no need to swap discs thing? How lazy are you?
  5. Fyer Win User

Family Gold Account

Yep after you set it up you can split off on different units. We have 4 accounts on 3 different units at our home. Family plan was one of the best things to happen. I don't have to share my xbox as much now :)
  6. DOXthaFOX Win User

Things that NEED FIXING with XBOX ONE...ASAP

Can we please fix, when I physically turn on my Xbox that it stays on and doesn't turn back off as soon as I sit back down!

Can we have a option to see how many views we have on our recorded videos and maybe a share and like button all through our news feed?
Thema:

If Family Sharing is a thing, then how can we turn it off?

1. If Family Sharing is a thing, then how can we turn it off? - Similar Threads - Family Sharing thing

2. How do I share points to my family members?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I share points to my family members?: I cannot see how to give points to my family members. 296d0735-4738-44fd-ab53-448978e0a95a
  3. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  4. How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...: We have acquired the ultimate game pass - it works on my parents account but it doesnt work on mine. I have tried to change it from Home xbox to not my home xbox and then change it back to my...
  5. the Hunter: Call of the Wild - New DLCs not shared across family accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the Hunter: Call of the Wild - New DLCs not shared across family accounts: We have been playing the Hunter: Call of the Wild for a few years. In the past we have purchased all DLCs for the game on Account A. The Player would log in on account A then if my son or I were...
  6. How do I share my online subscription with family

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I share my online subscription with family: I got my son a new xbox for Christmas. I created him his own account and now I want to add him to my subscription to play on line with him. Is gold pass still a thing? I have done this before...
  7. Family sharing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family sharing games: We have a family account, 2 Xboxes in the house. My son has bought MW3 can I now play that on my Xbox ? 5e09c1b2-71f3-4528-93f3-f8e192f998c7
  8. Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?: Hey so I currently have 3 Xbox’s one for myself and my two sons. Is there a way that I can share my games I’ve already bought to both of their Xbox’s? For example, if we all wanted to play...
  9. Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?: I want to share my game pass with my family but right now my home Xbox only shares games. I have game pass core. 3feec88d-530b-47e5-9e89-09f2f2941682
  10. I need help with family sharing

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with family sharing: Recently my friend gave me his microsoft store account but I already have an account so I tried to share the games within family. I think I can download the games from my friend's old account but...