If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...

Discus and support If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Just wondering my friend wants to game share with me but dose that mean i have to keep logging in to his account to play the game or can i just log in... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by kirstyhooks, Feb 25, 2024.

1. kirstyhooks
    kirstyhooks Guest

If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...

Just wondering my friend wants to game share with me but dose that mean i have to keep logging in to his account to play the game or can i just log in to mine?

:)

kirstyhooks, Feb 25, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there account to play the game on my console?

Game sharing as well as a account sharing is a violation of terms of service and can lead to account and hardware bans
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Game sharing

I was wondering if i were to game share with one of my friends who has the game pass and another friend who doesn’t have the game pass gameshares with me. Would my friend without the game pass get the game pass games as well because they are games
    sharing with me or not.
    As [Farscape] states the home Xbox feature is meant for sharing your games/gold subscription/etc across 2 consoles that you personally own in the same household.

It was never meant for sharing with friends and doing so is actually against the rules.
  4. De Captain Now Win User

Xbox one X games randomly crash with no error codes

Im game sharing with a friend and he has no problems playing sea of theives or monster hunter, which he owns from game sharing with me. I have my old xbox one orignal that I can hook up and see if i can play. Thanks for the help ill keep updating
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Game share glitched out

...i game shared with my friend on xbox it said (when I was logged in as him) he had two switches left ... but when I went to play the game with him I didnt start and when we tried to do it over it took all his switches please help me
    As Smwutches already said: Using someone else's account is a violation of the Microsoft Terms of Use.

So you actually have to invite your friend to your house, so your friend will do the setting.

Also, be aware that there is no actual "Game sharing" feature. A person can set a console as their Home Console, and that will allow that console to unlock the games of that person for anyone on that Home Console.

However, the owner can always change their Home Console without your knowledge. As I said, this is NOT a mutual game sharing function (as in "I share to your console, and therefore technically your account "has to" share the games to me").

If your friend changes his Home Console to another console without your knowledge, then he also used up his Home Console changes, and you are stuck without his games, even though you still have his console set as your Home Console, and this sharing your
    games to that console.
  6. RippenHarra Win User

benefits of going digital?

[quote user="XxEndless WarxX"]

If you go to a friends house all you have to do is log on your account and you can access your digital games library. No download needed. Also there have been talks of eventually bringing back the family sharing option at some point in time.

[/quote]

Sorry @endless this is incorrect. It is only a simple log in, and no download if your friend already owns and has that game installed on their console.Otherwise you must log in and then download the game to his console to play it.
Thema:

1. If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there... - Similar Threads - friend has game

2. My friend has been falsely banned??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend has been falsely banned??: I am writing this to inform you that my friend has been falsely banned on Xbox. So, my friend and I joined this group chat and they turned out to be extremely toxic, my friend said that one of...
  3. My friend got me a 20$ card for my bday and it only has 16 digits and not the receipt. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friend got me a 20$ card for my bday and it only has 16 digits and not the receipt. What...: I tried to use it in the Microsoft store but it’s not 25 letters long. My friends dad bought it from the Microsoft store. 2b78c02e-f65b-4fe5-8926-3bc959df3f4d
  4. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...
  5. My friends account (****) has had his gamerpic changed to a inappropriate picture leading...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends account (****) has had his gamerpic changed to a inappropriate picture leading...: If you know anything i can do please email me at ******* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c5a7dd2c-305b-43f9-8078-587ee1afe213
  6. I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...: I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me and I have no shares left is there a fix for this so I can get the game pass again...
  7. How do i gift a game to friend who has an Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i gift a game to friend who has an Xbox one: I want to gift diablo 4 ultimate edition to my friend who unfortunately still has xbox one. I have a series x. What I was wondering is can i still gift him that version and still work on his...
  8. Purchased 2 Games DBD and Minecraft for my Friend as a Gift Friend Has Redeemed the 2 Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased 2 Games DBD and Minecraft for my Friend as a Gift Friend Has Redeemed the 2 Game...: I purchased DBD and Minecraft for my friend. I purchased them on the PC Xbox App for a friend with an Xbox 1. I selected the option to gift to a friends using console. My friend has used the 2...
  9. My friend has gifted me a game and the code doesn't work, so then I try to purchase it with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend has gifted me a game and the code doesn't work, so then I try to purchase it with...: Please help, I don't understand what the issue is and its making me angry, and the same friend gifted 2 other people the same game and the code worked without issue...
  10. friend cant join anyone game on xbox, and noone can join him, he has adult defaults

in XBoX Games and Apps
    friend cant join anyone game on xbox, and noone can join him, he has adult defaults: im on xbox series s and he is on xbox 1 fc96ced0-ca19-4e43-b548-1637aed6d5e4