Idea on Quick Resume management page

Discus and support Idea on Quick Resume management page in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I think many people wanted to have better control on what Quick Resume save files going to be deleted. Here is my proposal. Basically just copy what... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BoBoBearDev, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Idea on Quick Resume management page

I think many people wanted to have better control on what Quick Resume save files going to be deleted. Here is my proposal.

Basically just copy what the pin page does. You can enable/disable the page. Move it up and down the home hub.

The page is like pin page. It is auto populated by list of Quick Resume tiles. The bottom right of the list will be deleted first if there is not enough room to save the Quick Resume. Just like pin page, you can reorder or remove the tiles, which does what you would expect.

Since this can be be accidentally confused with pin page, the tile will have a little icon to say this is a tile for the quick resume save files.

That's it. You get a highly customizable management system using the same design as the existing pin pages.

Hope everyone supports this.

submitted by /u/BoBoBearDev
    [link] [comments]

/u/BoBoBearDev, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY!

I've not had to take such action myself, but I've seen the Xbox 360 games have issues with Quick Resume certainly. There is an Xbox Idea's hub over on Reddit, that you may want to post your idea there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxInsiders/wiki/xboxrequests/

Also seen some games not wanting to connect to servers after a quick resume. This is understandable due to the process used by Quick Resume to launch games quickly. Does seem like a very reasonable request to customise what games you want to use the feature.
  3. Andrew Estrada1 Win User

Stuck on Epic's Login Screen (for Fortnite)

Hi your going to delete the quick resume files on Fortnite

• Click the home button restart the console if needed select my games and apps.
    • Select see all you're going to delete your quick resume file for this game its usually 1.0 GB file.
    • highlight the Fortnite game app do not open it.
    • select manage game and click saved data quick start resume this allow start up past the seasonal starting video.
    • Delete all quick resume files these will be replaced with files that are not corrupted.
    • go back to the home screen and start the game it should reboot to start of season no harm will be done to your inventory.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Why after two years has nothing been done?

Hi,

While this maybe hardware/OS or even a game issue, you may want to visit the Xbox feedback/idea page over on Reddit. Or contact the developer of the game you're having issues with for further help. Perhaps in the future the team may allow this feature to be turned off system wide.

I would just like to point out that while you can't turn off quick resume at the moment, quitting a game before loading the next one shouldn't create a quick resume save point at the end of that play session. So next time you start that particular game it will load from fresh.
  5. begsback Win User

Quick resume

If you delete games from your quick resume list they reappear so it doesn't stop thr problems. I want to be able to shut it off completely.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Quick resume

disabling quick resume is currently being explored, but may not be possible as it is tied into every system on the Xbox, there is no news on a timetable, and if and when it happens, it will be announced via Xbox social media likely in conjunction with a major OS update
Thema:

Idea on Quick Resume management page

1. Idea on Quick Resume management page - Similar Threads - Idea Quick Resume

2. So do you guys think it's a good idea

in XBoX on Windows
    So do you guys think it's a good idea: So do you guys think it's a good idea to sell my Xbox series X for a series s and a xscreen or portable monitor or not. 278698c0-23e3-45d7-af24-410aa6661a7f
  3. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  4. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  5. Some ideas that xbox should have

in XboX Insiders
    Some ideas that xbox should have: So basically i’m a streamer and i can’t afford a pc but i can afford a xbox and i want 2 features that could help all xbox streamers a lot! Add streaming studios like OBS, twitch studio, &...
  6. I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol: Hey, sorry to bother you. I have an extra $15 Xbox code that I don't need if you want it. I can send it to you if you download the app temu create an account, and then in the search bar in the app...
  7. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...
  8. Quick Resume Option Suggestion/Idea

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume Option Suggestion/Idea: Unless I’m over looking it, I think there should be a option to turn off quick resume on individual games because games like FIFA, Madden, NBA 2K and Apex Legends that are dependent on connection...
  9. Quick Resume, Great idea but it needs to change…

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume, Great idea but it needs to change…: I think that I speak for a vast majority of XBX Gamers being one myself, that Quick Resume is a great idea. However, it does have one fundamental design flaw that I would love to be added in...
  10. Quick Resume was a better idea on paper

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume was a better idea on paper: For starters, I’m a guy that really likes online multiplayer games, Apex Legends, CoD, GTA, the whole 9 yards. Because these games are online, they have to connect to servers. The problem I have...