[Idea] Allowing FPS Boost to be enabled on games that are not natively supported.

Discus and support [Idea] Allowing FPS Boost to be enabled on games that are not natively supported. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I would like to suggest an idea! So the Xbox Series X and Series S boasted having loads of power. This problem is not all the games are taking... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CallOfDisasterious, Jul 10, 2023.

1. [Idea] Allowing FPS Boost to be enabled on games that are not natively supported.

I would like to suggest an idea! So the Xbox Series X and Series S boasted having loads of power. This problem is not all the games are taking advantage of this. I would like to suggest! For xbox users to be able to enable fps boost on games at don't have that feature enabled by the developer. Add a risk that enabling this future on non supported games could induce problems like game crashing or graphical issues.

We accept that agreement and it allows FPS Boost to be toggled on that game.

submitted by /u/CallOfDisasterious
    [link] [comments]

/u/CallOfDisasterious, Jul 10, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Far Cry 5 seems very laggy, glitchy on Xbox series x.

Hi,

Have you enabled FPS boost for this game? The default settings for Far Cry 5 runs the game at 30 fps (30 frames per second). This game has an 'FPS Boost' option that allows you to play this game at a much smoother 60fps.

• On Xbox Series X, go to My Games and Apps
    • Select Far Cry 5 and choose Manage Games & Add Ons
    • Choose Compatibility Options, then select FPS Boost
    • Enable FPS Boost for Far Cry 5
    • Launch the game.
  3. XBF Aicha T Win User

Boost

4. XBF Zineb F Win User

Fps boost

5. Obsessive Power Win User

No FPS Boost for Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Hi,

I believe there is some confusion between 'Optimised for Series X|S' and FPS boost. When a game is optimised for Series X|S, it means that a game update was released from the developer of that particular game to boost it's graphics and performance. Optimised games will not have an FPS boost option in compatibility settings.

The recent update to Shadow of the Tomb raider increased the game resolution to 4K (using dynamic rendering) increasing the frame rate at 4K to 60 fps. The Xbox One X version of the game only runs at 30 fps in 4K.

FPS boost is a game modification made by Microsoft's own BC team, the developer doesn't provide this boost. Some Xbox One games with FPS boost have it enabled by default, others (usually the 120Hz enabled titles) do not.

Like I said earlier, Optimised games do not have an FPS boost option as the performance has been increased by the developer.

I hope that makes sense.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

How can I get fps boost to enable on my 4k tv.

Hi,

FPS boost is enabled on the console and compatible game, not via the TV.

Only a set amount of Xbox games have FPS boost. Firstly, you need either a Series X or Series S. FPS boost is not available on the older Xbox One, One S or One X consoles.

Secondly, your game needs to be on this list. The link also has a YouTube video explaining the feature.

Thirdly, to achieve the highest 120Hz setting on selected games, you'll need a TV or monitor that supports that refresh rate.
Thema:

[Idea] Allowing FPS Boost to be enabled on games that are not natively supported.

1. [Idea] Allowing FPS Boost to be enabled on games that are not natively supported. - Similar Threads - Idea Allowing FPS

2. So do you guys think it's a good idea

in XBoX on Windows
    So do you guys think it's a good idea: So do you guys think it's a good idea to sell my Xbox series X for a series s and a xscreen or portable monitor or not. 278698c0-23e3-45d7-af24-410aa6661a7f
  3. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  4. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  5. Some ideas that xbox should have

in XboX Insiders
    Some ideas that xbox should have: So basically i’m a streamer and i can’t afford a pc but i can afford a xbox and i want 2 features that could help all xbox streamers a lot! Add streaming studios like OBS, twitch studio, &...
  6. I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol: Hey, sorry to bother you. I have an extra $15 Xbox code that I don't need if you want it. I can send it to you if you download the app temu create an account, and then in the search bar in the app...
  7. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...
  8. Any idea why I got suspended for making a group post saying “Wtb unyielding armor”?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Any idea why I got suspended for making a group post saying “Wtb unyielding armor”?: Made a post requesting for a in game trade and got suspended. Pretty ridiculous. 3d95c945-3386-45a9-9f1a-d7d1d14cb5d7
  9. Game idea!!! Plz make the movie wrong turn into a game!

in XboX Insiders
    Game idea!!! Plz make the movie wrong turn into a game!: Okay so I know we already have games like dead by daylight and Texas chainsaw massacre, and those games are really fun and loved playing them specially Texas chainsaw massacre when that game...
  10. Feature idea allow the elite 2 controller pair to two different devices and switch between...

in XboX Insiders
    Feature idea allow the elite 2 controller pair to two different devices and switch between...: This would be handy for gamepass I don’t know why the new series x controller has it but the premium controller doesn’t? submitted by /u/DanPrice142 [link] [comments]