I was wandering if i can download games into a USB drive because I have no more space on SSD

Discus and support I was wandering if i can download games into a USB drive because I have no more space on SSD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I want to install a few games from microsoft games and steam and I need to know if i buy a few 32Gb USB drives how can i install 1 or 2 games on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by curtvan, Jun 29, 2022.

1. curtvan
    curtvan Guest

I was wandering if i can download games into a USB drive because I have no more space on SSD

Hello I want to install a few games from microsoft games and steam and I need to know if i buy a few 32Gb USB drives how can i install 1 or 2 games on the USB drive? My laptop only came with 256Gb and its almost used up. and then after I install games to USB drives can i unplug it then when i want to play a game can i put it back in then how do i start the game from the USB drive?

i hope some one can explain this to me in easy to understand why to do it.

thanks Curt

:)

curtvan, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Curtvan, being on Xbox One or PC, ideally using an external disk for this, external discs have a higher throughput than USB thumb drives.

The recommendation is that it be at least USB 3.0
  3. Careless Sketch Win User

Titanfall for 360 coming April 8 now.

I have an Xbox 360 Slim with a 4GB memory stick, not a hard drive. I was planning to buy Titanfall for 360 for a while now, but recently I found out it required a 1GB hard drive space. If maybe I digitally downloaded it, then would I still need the 1GB hard
    drive space? Because I have a USB drive that can hold 20GB which should be more than enough for the game.
  4. Jazz128 Win User

Unable to Install Age of Empire IV on my D drive.

I have installed games onto my C drive multiple times however, their size was only 20gb. With age of empires 4 I require more space which my C drive simply does not have as it is an SSD with only 200gb of space.

I do know that it can install games just not on my D drive for some reason.
  5. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

Xbox One S external storage

It needs to have a usb 3.0 connection and have over 256 GB of storage space. You can use either and HDD OR SSD drive so long as it meets those requirements.
  6. CAPTAIN SUMMERZ Win User

External Storage

Update 1: SSDs have the same issue. It seems to be connected to the amount of data (game icons) being loaded at once and breaks at around 600. I have moved the data to 8 2TB SSDs and I can now use the My Games and Apps section again but only browsing one
    drive at a time. If I select all storage the console restarts.

Because it only crashes when it tried to load 600 items I am inclined to believe that it is related to the amount of things installed and not the cumulative size of the installations because the other games are still launch-able even though they are not
    on screen via friend invites.

Update 2:

HDDs

Combo HDD/SSDs [in USB 3.0 enclosure]

Sata SSDs [in USB 3.0 enclosure]

M.2 SSDs [in USB 3.0 enclosure]

Samsung T5 SSDs

All have this problem. SSDs were Samsung, Combo and HDDs were either Samsung or WD.
Thema:

1. I was wandering if i can download games into a USB drive because I have no more space on SSD - Similar Threads - was wandering download

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  5. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  6. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  7. Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help): I just bought a second hand Series X yesterday, I was blown away when I seen it was only hitting 30-45Mb/s , while my Series S has no issue consistently holding 150-195Mb/s.. I’ve tried many...
  8. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  9. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  10. It's no wander.......

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's no wander.......: I have found it amusing that just before Titanfall came out, Aussies were up in arms at the announcement that there would be no Australian servers. Now when I play titanfall, I have to play on the...