I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

Discus and support I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AnasAhmed#6299, Apr 18, 2020.

1. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system has no issue with my second name "Ahmed", only with my first name "Anas". I think it is wrongly marking
    "Anas" as inappropriate. "Anas" does not have an inappropriate meaning in any language or culture. "Anas" means friendly. Also, Keep in mind my current gamer tag has "anas" already in it.

:)

AnasAhmed#6299, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Tenjoseslash Win User

have you checked if that means something in other language?
  3. AnasAhmed#6299 Win User

To be really honest I wouldn't ever recommend using your real name as your GT. There are way too many people out there who would try to mess with you in real life over stuff, I would say pick something that you really enjoy, say SciFi for example,
    and maybe try to create an original name surrounding that mythos rather than putting your real name out there.
    I get your point but I really like having my own name :(
  4. AnasAhmed#6299 Win User

Hello! Have you checked if there are any already with this gamertag?
    The systems allows multiple users with the same tag with a 4-digit number like Anas#0001. If I wasnt clear enough I would say it again. It is fine with just "Ahmed" even though multiple people have gamertag "Ahmed", it even suggests me with Ahmed#3440. The
    problem is with "Anas".
  5. Saeleth Win User

To be really honest I wouldn't ever recommend using your real name as your GT. There are way too many people out there who would try to mess with you in real life over stuff, I would say pick something that you really enjoy, say SciFi for example, and
    maybe try to create an original name surrounding that mythos rather than putting your real name out there.
  6. AdamKronus Win User

Hello! Have you checked if there are any already with this gamertag?
Thema:

1. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed. - Similar Threads - was trying change

2. when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...: when i go to select my country in the payment the zone with the slider is grey'd out and there is no description on the page. I looked at my pc settings and in my microsoft account settings and it...
  3. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  4. I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...: please help I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway and now i cant see my screen so i can't revert it and i cant reset my monitor without the...
  5. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  6. Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...: Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. I have changed the batteries, updated controller, console etc and it still says it. Unable to play...
  7. Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?: Hey I got suspended from trying to change my profile pic. I was doing it on Xbox app and it kept freezing so I kept trying. Then when it said that it has been sent to y’all. A few minutes later I...
  8. I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.: Hello. I'm trying to sign out of a Microsoft account and use a new one for my xbox account. However, I don't know where to start and I've heard that you really can't due to them being linked....
  9. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  10. My profile picture doesnt change on the xbox app when i try to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My profile picture doesnt change on the xbox app when i try to.: My profile picture doesnt change on the xbox app when i try to. It says it will be uploaded but then it never happens. Its been like this for days. ad016d9e-d042-4ee7-92d6-aa583ff3bd84