I was downgraded from Gold to Silver Membership Error

Discus and support I was downgraded from Gold to Silver Membership Error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I redeemed a code which was free from Halo 4 which is a 14-day Free Gold Membership. 2 days in, I was no longer getting the benefits of a Gold Member... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SaltandSnow, Feb 2, 2014.

1. SaltandSnow
    SaltandSnow Guest

I redeemed a code which was free from Halo 4 which is a 14-day Free Gold Membership.

2 days in, I was no longer getting the benefits of a Gold Member and when I checked I was downgraded to a Silver all of the sudden.

Already tried to perform troubleshooting steps such as signing out > turning off my console >signing in again.

Also tried to which from different users in order to resolve the issue but the issue still persists.

A timely response and help would be much appreciated.

:)

SaltandSnow, Feb 2, 2014
  2. "Xbox Live Gold Reverted to Silver"

Hey,

If you have a gold membership, and it is up, then you will be downgraded to silver until you decide to purchase another subscription.

TasteVengeance4, Feb 2, 2014
  3. Haze
    Haze Guest
    Do you need Xbox Live to play Minecraft?

Yep. Silver is free. All you do is sign up with Xbox Live (either from your console or Xbox.com) fill in your details, gamertag etc. And then you are automatically Silver.

Gold memberships add online play, certain demos that are only available to Gold subscribers, and that's really it. If you want to play Minecraft with people online, then you need Gold, but if you want to play it by yourself or split-screen with somebody next to you, you can also do that on Silver.

Haze, Feb 2, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

The trial memberships do not give you full Gold access nor do they switch your membership to Gold. Usually they are limited to the game in which they came. You should be able to access some video apps though.

You can double check the time of the code by logging into
    https://commerce.microsoft.com
    . If you find that your trial limit is not still on then give phone support a try for more assistance.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

onyxishere, Feb 3, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: