I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

Discus and support I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joshua Vedilago, Jun 24, 2024.

1. I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other things like my clips on there. On the two ssds are games and random things. On my new pc I have one form of memory. That being a nvme ssd. That ssd has windows on it. What I would like to do is put all of my old memory on my new pc so i can have all my old stuff (clips etc) and also the extra storage. My main worry and question is, if i just plug the hard-rive that has windows installed into my new pc that already has its own windows installed what will happen. Would I then have 2 separate drives that both have system 32 and windows on it in the same pc. What will happen and is it okay to do to not go through a hassle of deleting files. If it is bad what should i do to get rid of my windows on my hard-rive while keeping all of my other stuff. I obviously cant just delete the file of my old pc because then i wouldn't be able to see any other files that I may want to delete. Just incase this helps my drive with windows installed on my old pc is a 2tb barracuda hard-rive.

:)

Joshua Vedilago, Jun 24, 2024
  2. BRIOCHEWARIOS Win User

Very confusing and possibly uneeded.

I also used a memory stick to transfer all my content back in December from my old xbox to my new 250G console but never transferred my license and everything works fine. It never asked me to do it so why would that be?
  3. LlamaBandito Win User

Transfering Game Credits from a USB Memory stick to Xbox Memory

Darn, I gave my old xbox to my brother, and transferred all my memory to the usb stick. I formatted it on the older xbox to transfer all the memory on it and when i got home i put it in the new xbox (slim) it wouldn't let me access it without configuring
    it again. Is it because its a different xbox or newer generation is that why i cant access everything?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Older hard drive content transferring.

The transfer cable should move everything save on the previous hard drive onto the new hard drive. If you have any games installed on the old hard drive, you'll have to delete the file and reinstall them in order for them to work. The only thing that doesn't
    transfer is licenses, but you can do a license transfer at xbox.com/drm to fix that.

As far as the memory cards, the new 360s don't work with the old memory cards. I believe there are some third party adapters that will make them work, but it would just be easier to use a friend's xbox to transfer the data to a USB drive.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Using data cable for new console

It's fine.

When you get the cable and connect your old HDD, cancel all the transfer screens and pop-ups. Go back into System Settings, Memory, and manually copy/move whatever you want from the old HDD (now listed under Transfer Cable) to the new HDD.
  6. Chickenflossify Win User

Xbox Original + 250GB Slim Won't won't work.

No didn't use transfer cable, I have one I got from Microsoft for free ages ago when the elites first came out, but I just started fresh on the slim and anytime there was a save I wanted to use I just put it on a memory stick and transferred it over. I just
    went through my download history and re-downloaded everything when I did my license transfer for my DLC and other stuff. Should I try to use the transfer cable from my old xbox?
Thema:

I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

1. I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it. - Similar Threads - transfer old memory

2. How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S: I’ve got an Xbox One S that won’t stay on, keeps rebooting itself. So I bought a new one and would like to find out how my data can be transferred from the old to the new? It doesn’t stay on long...
  3. I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.: I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends, However I cant access the Xbox live account anymore because I deactivated the Yahoo email associated with...
  4. How do i transfer all my captures that are on my old Xbox One to my new Xbox One S?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i transfer all my captures that are on my old Xbox One to my new Xbox One S?: I want to upgrade to my Xbox One S but I'm scared that I'll lose certain info like all my captrues that are saved and All the Profiles on my original Xbox One 5ed2af9b-f683-4d2c-89fa-26c814b37899
  5. How do I transfer accessories on my Minecraft Account from and old iPad 3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I transfer accessories on my Minecraft Account from and old iPad 3?: Basically on my iPad 3 I have 2 rare capes that I want to transfer onto my Minecraft account, but can't since it's a really outdated device. At the moment I can't obviously spend money to buy...
  6. I somehow ended up transfering my Mojang account to some old Microsoft account of mine and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I somehow ended up transfering my Mojang account to some old Microsoft account of mine and...: Hi there, I am a Minecraft Java Edition, Minecraft Dungeons and also a Minecraft for iOS owner. Durring the migration of Mojang account to Microsoft account I accidentally transfered my Mojang...
  7. Is it possible for me to transfer over an old 360 account to my series X without knowing...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible for me to transfer over an old 360 account to my series X without knowing...: The account was made over a decade ago with my dad, it was under his old email address that he no longer has access too. So resetting the password isn't an option. We couldn't remember the old...
  8. Is there a way I can transfer my gamer score/achievements from my old hardrive Xbox 360...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way I can transfer my gamer score/achievements from my old hardrive Xbox 360...: I recently turned on my old Xbox 360 after 6 years and found out that I had a bunch of achievements from games I used to have, I would like to know if there is a way I can merge/ bring my gamer...
  9. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  10. Can I transfer old games on old account to new account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer old games on old account to new account: So my dad made me an Xbox account with his email address a long time ago and he doesn't know the password for that old e-mail address so I can't use any benefits from Microsoft points and whatnot....