I want to switch my sticks when I aim my gun

Discus and support I want to switch my sticks when I aim my gun in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I want to add the shift button function while still using the LT function. Right now only LT or Shift can be assigned to the left trigger, but not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jay2199, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Jay2199
    Jay2199 Guest

So I want to add the shift button function while still using the LT function. Right now only LT or Shift can be assigned to the left trigger, but not both. I would like to shoot with the left but also move with the left stick. So that when I aim in with LT, my left stick switches with the right sticks function. I have a bad right hand so rather move and aim with my left. There are games that have this setting already like Gears 5 but my other games don’t have it

Or is there another manner you guys pull this off?

Right now I have to use one of my paddles as the shift button but it’s not the easiest to coordinate and perfect

:)

Jay2199, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jay2199,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It sounds like you are looking for a way to customize your Xbox Adaptive Controller to allow for simultaneous use of the LT and Shift buttons. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern in a timely manner.

This is a very specific and customized setting that may not be available in all games. Unfortunately, the Xbox Adaptive Controller does not have the ability to assign multiple functions to a single button. You can use the Xbox Accessories app to remap buttons (meaning, have the buttons do something other than what they were originally designed to do), as well as create custom controller profiles for your Xbox Adaptive Controller. You may check the article below for your reference: Configure the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jay2199,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

We understand how important it is to you for the feature to be added. We appreciate for your initiative and to make it heard, we suggest submitting your feedback so this can be investigated by our engineers. You can use this link: Xbox Support

You may also join the Xbox Insiders program where suggesting a feature will be easier to put into discussion. You may check this link: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support and see Xbox Insider subreddit.

We thank you for bringing this topic here and glad to provide the needed information.

Sincerely,

4. Jay2199 Win User

Is it possible to develop such a feature? Maybe make it a required setting in future games for disabled folks? Is there any combination in the control customization where this can occur?
  5. CASTERTR0Y666 Win User

Stalker

I found this problem when I first used it, I was having to use ext. mags as my shot was a lot worse. The turning corners ads will come in time and when it does you may consider said perk the best in tier 3. Now I aim horizontally with left stick which I
    think was meant to be, and I any vertical aiming is done with the right stick. This may not be be all end all way but I use Stalker a lot and this method wins me a lot of gun fights. I will say don't bother with Stalker on SMGs as they practically have it
    built in.
  6. SpeedyBlueDude Win User

Ok, I need A New Weapon! What Should it Be!

I'm more of a rusher, so I want a gun that I can react and aim down quickly with and shoot before my opponent can.
Thema:

1. I want to switch my sticks when I aim my gun - Similar Threads - switch sticks aim

2. How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?: My Xbox is set to IPv4 but I’m not sure how to switch to IPv6 217ba0e3-ac1f-4487-b486-456a8a78905c
  3. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...: So my xbox one s randomly switched itself off while in the middle of doing something, so I waited a min, turned it back on... No picture, had sound but no picture, checked hdmi, checked power...
  6. How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch: How do I become friends online with a Xbox player if I’m on Nintendo switch? f1253c34-1267-4ed1-b5d3-6ebe6c62f346
  7. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  8. My controller right stick want work unless I switch the sticks in the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller right stick want work unless I switch the sticks in the controller...: It's definitely not the controller it's some how in the Xbox it's self. My controller works fine on my other Xbox. bbebe389-ddb7-4a95-a507-7f91f9d76975
  9. Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks: In mw2 & now mw3 pressing LT switches my left analog to aim and right analog to move. When I release it it switches back to normal. Seems to only happen with MW2 & MW3 games. All other FPS works...
  10. How to switch cross pad as default instead of left analog stick?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to switch cross pad as default instead of left analog stick?: Hello. I am using xbox360 joypad for PC gaming. Most games recognize the left analog stick as default to control my character and it is uncomfortable for 2D games. How do I switch it? Thanks....