I want to stop gamesharing!

Discus and support I want to stop gamesharing! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I game shared with a friend from school because he wanted the year 2 season pass for Rainbow 6 Siege so I gave him my email and password and he made my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JigglyPhysicsOo, Apr 4, 2017.

1. I want to stop gamesharing!

I game shared with a friend from school because he wanted the year 2 season pass for Rainbow 6 Siege so I gave him my email and password and he made my account as his home Xbox. But now he gets all my games and he never get sick games digitally! So now I
    can't put my account as my home Xbox... what should I do? I already made a password to sign in but will it also pop up on his xbox? What should I do!

:)

JigglyPhysicsOo, Apr 4, 2017
  2. brennonr
    brennonr Guest
    Gameshares

I need to stop gamesharing with someone but it is set to almost cristmas

brennonr, Apr 4, 2017
  3. DanRyder87
    DanRyder87 Guest
    Have i got lucky or is there an explanation?

Ok so basically me and my brother inlaw was gamesharing. He has stopped playing his xbox which meant the wasnt buying any games or going halfs on any games and i was just buying them all. So i decideed to stop gamesharing with him and gameshare with my best mate as we both buy games regular and both have games the other wants to play together.

However after stopping the gameshare with my brother in law.... I kept all the games he bought AND got all my friends games... I know for 100% fact what games he bought and im able to still load them up and play them. Is this because his gamertag is still sitting on my xbox but not logged in?

DanRyder87, Apr 4, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You would need to set your console as your Home console in order to remove it from his. If you've already reached your limit, you can try contacting support to see if they can reset the limit, otherwise you'll need to wait a year from when you last used
    it to reset your Home setting. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Also, keep in mind that giving out account information is never a good idea and can also violate the code of conduct.

Smwutches, Apr 4, 2017
  5. JJTHEKING2
    JJTHEKING2 Guest
    i game share with my my friends from school because he wanted gold to play 2k17 so i gaive him my email and password and next day he got gold and i told him to stop sharing gold and he did and i made a new acounte and try to add it as home and i cant

JJTHEKING2, Sep 14, 2017
  6. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    because you cant

You never ever hand anyone your info

You need gold

ngocphi, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

You would need to set your console as your Home console in order to remove it from his. If you've already reached your limit, you can try contacting support to see if they can reset the limit, otherwise you'll need to wait a year from when you last used
    it to reset your Home setting. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Also, keep in mind that giving out account information is never a good idea and can also violate the code of conduct.
  8. JJTHEKING2 Win User

i game share with my my friends from school because he wanted gold to play 2k17 so i gaive him my email and password and next day he got gold and i told him to stop sharing gold and he did and i made a new acounte and try to add it as home and i cant
  9. ngocphi Win User

because you cant

You never ever hand anyone your info

You need gold
  10. brennonr Win User

Gameshares

I need to stop gamesharing with someone but it is set to almost cristmas
  11. AndrewAlonzo Win User

Gamesharing

I can play the game I just dont have the add ons, and hard resetting and uninstalled and reinstalled didnt work. We also stopped gamesharing and gameshared again too
Thema:

1. I want to stop gamesharing! - Similar Threads - stop gamesharing

2. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  3. How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?: I have an arcade stick that would normally have a button that would be assigned to PS touchpad and is pretty easy to accidentally press in certain games. The problem is that when it is connected...
  4. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  5. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  6. My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...: My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund? eba99bf0-a833-4cdc-844b-1228486113ac
  7. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...
  8. My Sata usb3 wont fit in my wd ssd when i try to plug it in it stops im not sure if this is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Sata usb3 wont fit in my wd ssd when i try to plug it in it stops im not sure if this is...: I bought a SATA USB 3.0 as it was advertised as a SSD adapter and shown in the video to work but i cant seem to put it in my WD Blue SSD Whenever I do try to put it in it just stops and I am...
  9. How do i stop someone from gamesharing with me if i dont have access to their account or i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i stop someone from gamesharing with me if i dont have access to their account or i...: i havent gameshared in awhile and im trying to gameshare with my sister but when i try to do it, it says "Too many people have made this their home xbox" and i dont remember who i was gamesharing...
  10. Gamesharing won't stop sharing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamesharing won't stop sharing.: I gameshare with a friend, I set my Xbox as my new home, I deleted my account from his Xbox altogether but for some reason he still has access to all of my games. How do I stop this?...