I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?

Discus and support I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just recently got myself a Xbox series x and wanted to give my Xbox one x to my son can we both use game pass ultimate and how can I do this?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sgttrini, Aug 11, 2023.

1. sgttrini
    sgttrini Guest

I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?

I just recently got myself a Xbox series x and wanted to give my Xbox one x to my son can we both use game pass ultimate and how can I do this?

:)

sgttrini, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

For clarity, you have your console (Console A) and you (Account A-with the subscription), and his console (Console B) that his account (Account B).

What you need to do is this:

Account A needs make Console B it's home console. Then Account B can play on Console B and share the home console subscription benefits that Account A has.

Account A can then play on any console (be it console A, C, or D down the road) provided the console is connected to Live.

If Account B decides to play on Console A, (or any other console besides A's home console), Account A will need to be signed into the console.

More on the home console sharing can be found here.
  3. Smwutches Win User

4. LeeGower Win User

Two consoles, one house

And this won't remove the subscription from my son's console, right?
    Subscriptions are tied to the ACCOUNT that bought the subscription.

So your son can go to any console in the world, sign in there, and he will have access to his Gold membership subscription, Game Pass (if applicable) and digital games.

As long as he's signed in on a specific console, that console will also share the Gold membership to anyone playing with him on that console. Even if your son is not actively playing, as long as he is signed online (for example on a second controller), another
    person can play on that console and access his games and benefit from the Gold membership.

The account that owns the subscription, can designate one console as their "Home Console" (or as you call it the "Main console") and will share the Gold to that CONSOLE. Any previous "Home Console" will lose the ability to share Gold and games when your
    son designates a new Home Console.

Your son's account will still keep his Gold membership, and will share it to the designated Home Console, which in turn allows anyone on that console to benefit from your son's games and Subscriptions.

So is there a specific reason why you want to keep your son's console the Home Console? Are you (or someone else besides your son) playing on that console and needs the subscription?

If so, then there is no other way around than to buy a separate Gold membership for your girlfriends kid. Or you'll have to play on that console to benefit from the shared Gold membership after setting the "girlfriend console" as your son's Home Console.

Thanks for this.

The only real reason I wanted to keep the 'Home Console' designated to my son's Xbox, is that I'm not very clued up on all of this, and I was concerned he'd lose his access to Live Gold.
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Xbox live game pass, can that be a joint account

Hi Lindsay! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox game pass subscription. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

I just want to clarify, do you mean you want to pay for one Xbox game pass subscription only and not twice, is that correct?
    If I may ask, do you use the same Xbox console with your son?
    Also, by joint account do you mean you want to merge your account and your son's account?

If you want to stop paying for your son's Xbox game pass subscription, you can cancel his subscription by signing his account on account.microsoft.com > go to services and subscription > then cancel the subscription.

Then you can enable the game/subscription sharing on your own Xbox account by signing your account on your console > press the Xbox menu button > go to settings > Personalization > My home Xbox > then Make this as my home Xbox.

Note: If you see the option "Remove this as my home Xbox" instead of "Make this as my home Xbox" it means your account is already set as home Xbox.

By doing so, all of the accounts that will be using that console including your son's will have the benefits of your Xbox game pass subscription as well as play the games purchased on your account.

Also, you won't need to pay for your son's subscription anymore as you will only pay for your own account's subscription by enabling game sharing.

Unfortunately, merging 2 accounts is not possible.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  6. MoeZArts Win User

changing xbox sign in email

I would keep your email as the primary in that case. Your son will be able to sign in using his email. If you are both using the same console, I would sign in with your account and set the console as your Home Console, that way you can share Xbox Live
    Gold, Games and Game Pass subscription with your son. More details can be found here on how to share with another account

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
Thema:

1. I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this? - Similar Threads - share game pass

2. Sharing xbox game pass

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sharing xbox game pass: So I wanted to use my brother subscription from a different console and different account but I can't, and the thing is that xbox says that it is possible but I still can access gta online....
  3. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  4. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  5. Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox: Can anyone help me? For years i’ve paid for game pass ultimate and had my dads xbox as the home xbox of my account so that he can also have access to ultimate. As of today for some reason it is...
  6. Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core: I been wanting to pay less for game pass but I’m wondering if I can still play online if the person that’s game sharing me has game pass core because it says (online console multiplayer) like does...
  7. Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.: I have 3 Xbox series X consoles all are within the same house. we have 3 separate Xbox profiles for me and my 2 sons. is there an option (free or paid) to have the ultimate game pass shared...
  8. I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child: Hello everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a Game Pass Ultimate issue on our family Xbox One console. Here's the situation: I have an Xbox One with my main...
  9. Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.: It's about as confusing as it sounds. This happen as of Last night on Dec 15, 2023. I Have tried giving it a Power Cycle and it still was acting funky. I Tried removing it and Re-adding it as a...
  10. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708