I want to play red dead redemption two I bought but it want let me download story mode

Discus and support I want to play red dead redemption two I bought but it want let me download story mode in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought red dead redemption two and it won’t let me download so I can play with it the story mode but I see I can online version separate so how can I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by angel falcon, Dec 30, 2022.

1. angel falcon
    angel falcon Guest

I want to play red dead redemption two I bought but it want let me download story mode

I bought red dead redemption two and it won’t let me download so I can play with it the story mode but I see I can online version separate so how can I download my game

:)

angel falcon, Dec 30, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Angel, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

May I ask what Red Dead Redemption 2 you have purchased? To access the Story Mode, you need to have Red Dead Redemption Online, you'll be able to access the story mode inside of the game.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

RDR2 Story is a DLC for the Online mode...so you need to own the online mode to be able to play the story
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

HELP NEEDED ASAP

Are you sure that you purchased the full Red Dead Redemption 2 and not just the Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode. If you purchased the Story Mode, then you need to own Red Dead Online in order to play it. Story Mode is just DLC for Red Dead Online and cannot be played or installed without Red Dead Online.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and Ultimate Edition Content won't let me download game

I asked because the link that you posted was what I had screenshot. The Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and Ultimate Edition Content is just the content to add if you already bought the online only mode previously and now decide that you want the full story mode. That link wasn't for the full game. It seems like that is what was happening for charlieheath1 and it sounded the same for you.
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

Can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode with game pass

Hello x23 Hyper 23x,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

As of September 13, Red Dead Online has now been removed from Xbox Game Pass. Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is downloadable content for Red Dead Online and was not included with Game Pass. Therefore, you would have had to purchase it in order to access it.

For our users that have purchased Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and are no longer able to access it, you will have to purchase Red Dead Online as it is a requirement.

Currently you are able to purchase Red Dead Online, Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode & Red Dead Redemption 2 (which bundles both the story mode and online)

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
Thema:

1. I want to play red dead redemption two I bought but it want let me download story mode - Similar Threads - play red dead

2. Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?: I'm asking this because I use a Chromebook and since it's possible to do so with GTA V, I wonder if it is possible to do with red dead redemption 2 as well. [moved from de-de]...
  3. Why can’t I play Red Dead Redemption the 360 version on my Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play Red Dead Redemption the 360 version on my Xbox one?: I been trying to log in and it keeps saying error, I cleared my MAC address so I was able to get to the login screen but it downloads at almost 75% then tells me I’m unable to sign in. All this...
  4. Whenever I tried playing red dead redemption 1 online it says your gamer profile does not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I tried playing red dead redemption 1 online it says your gamer profile does not...: It works on my second xbox one on my account but not this xbox one 2ab53a0c-245d-4586-9b86-b725338a56e2
  5. Red Dead Redemption not allowing me to play story mode.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption not allowing me to play story mode.: I bought red dead online through the Xbox store and own the disc. Red Dead Redemption 2 is not allowing me to play story mode when I insert the disc. I’ve tried cleaning the disc and switching...
  6. I bought red dead 2 story mode and online but it only allows me to play story mode and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought red dead 2 story mode and online but it only allows me to play story mode and...: I downloaded online and story mode for red dead 2 and can only play story dfcf63e3-0af7-4654-aeaf-023fab1eb3eb
  7. Red dead Redemption not letting me play due to sign in issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red dead Redemption not letting me play due to sign in issues: i’m trying to play the the xbox 360 game red dead redemption on my xbox one, but whenever I try to play it, it always says i’m not signed in so i can’t play the story; and then when i try to log...
  8. I bought Red Dead Online standalone, and I need to pay more money to even play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Red Dead Online standalone, and I need to pay more money to even play it?: I just bought this game for 33$ (NZD), and I need to pay more money to play it? I didn't buy the full game, just online by itself. And I can't refund it? So what, I've just got a title screen I...
  9. Can’t play red dead online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play red dead online: I bought Red dead and Red dead online but when I want to play online it makes me pay a Xbox gold membership to play after already paying for online 96e27342-c2a9-49ba-a790-ac6d40319ffc
  10. Why do I have to join Live Gold to play the online version of Red Dead Redemption 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to join Live Gold to play the online version of Red Dead Redemption 2...: I bought Rede Dead Redemption 2 and there was clearly stated in the card "includes Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and Red Dead Online" but now after installing it if I press on the online...