I want to play COD MW3 zombies offline. I'm being told I need to buy game pass

Discus and support I want to play COD MW3 zombies offline. I'm being told I need to buy game pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why do I need to buy Game Pass in order to play zombies offline? 289d7a7f-10d1-4425-97a6-68ec88cf7914 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PW_21, Dec 6, 2023.

1. PW_21
    PW_21 Guest

Why do I need to buy Game Pass in order to play zombies offline?

:)

PW_21, Dec 6, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Because zombies is a online open world not offline
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hi, PW_21 my name is Oskayra, and will be a pleasure help you

It's definitely confusing and frustrating to be told you need Game Pass to play COD MW3 zombies offline, especially if you already own the game. Here's why you might be encountering this message and some potential solutions:

Possible reasons for the message:

Game Pass requirement for specific versions: There might be different versions of COD MW3 available, and only certain versions (e.g., bundled with Game Pass) allow offline play for zombies. Check the specific version you have and compare it to versions with confirmed offline accessibility.

Regional limitations: In some regions, online access might be required even for offline play due to licensing restrictions. This can be particularly relevant for older games like MW3.

Bug or glitch: Sometimes, software glitches can cause incorrect messages or limitations. This might be a temporary issue that can be resolved through specific actions.
    Solutions to try:

Verify ownership: Ensure you're logged in to the Microsoft account that owns the COD MW3 license. If you purchased the game used, ownership might not be properly linked to your account.
    Check game version: As mentioned earlier, confirm the specific version you have and see if it explicitly mentions offline zombie access. You might need to download a different version if yours doesn't support it.

Try alternative methods: Some users have reported success launching COD MW3 offline by disconnecting their internet connection right before starting the game. This might bypass the online check and allow offline access. However, it's not a guaranteed fix and might not work for all versions.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  4. IansLuck Win User

Resurrection

Glad it's an all Zombies map pack. If it was only one Zombie map I wouldn't give Activision my money. This really better be the end to the Zombie saga because the only reason I want the map packs is for Zombies. Plus, MW3 is the last CoD game I'm buying.
  5. isturbo1984 Win User

Call of Duty: Zombies or Special Ops?

I like MW2's Special Ops mode a lot better. I'm looking forward to the MW3 version. Zombies is alright... but to me, it is too weird. If I wanted to play a Zombie game, I'll play L4D. I like the CoD experience as a shooter wholesomely. So mixing in Zombies
    and crap just doesn't sit well. Special Ops is great because you're still playing CoD in the CoD universe and still feels like a CoD game. Besides, the different arcade-like objectives mixes it up enough to keep it fresher as well.
  6. Poofius Win User

Anyone else excited?

For the first time I am not going to buy a CoD the day it releases. I'm gonna give BF3 a shot. Don't get me wrong, MW3 will probably be a good game but I have gotten tired of CoD MP except for zombies.
Thema:

1. I want to play COD MW3 zombies offline. I'm being told I need to buy game pass - Similar Threads - play COD MW3

2. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  3. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  4. Cod infinite warfare legacy will not install past 8.7% why? How can I fix and play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod infinite warfare legacy will not install past 8.7% why? How can I fix and play?: I have tried restart, offline and clear local saved. Cod infinite warfare legacy xbox one will not install past 8.7% how can I fix this? 19e2d803-dd6e-4c29-afaa-5b5e59f22ed8
  5. What COD game can I play online multiplayer without game pass/game core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What COD game can I play online multiplayer without game pass/game core: I am having a hard time figuring out what COD game offers online multiplayer without needed a game pass or game core subscription 289f9b4d-8964-4e58-b42b-82b833336ffc
  6. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  7. COD MW on Xbox S not letting me play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD MW on Xbox S not letting me play: I recently purchased Call of duty Modern Warfare on Xbox Series S, downloaded it as well as all required packs but when I go to play it, it says the Multiplayer/Campaign packs are needed to be...
  8. I pre-order cod mw3, played early acces but cannot play on day 1 of the drop. Why is this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pre-order cod mw3, played early acces but cannot play on day 1 of the drop. Why is this?: Would like to know why I can't play cod mw3 even though I pre-ordered it? 9b2f1e98-a931-4da5-bb1b-0e742f447ba9
  9. Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3: For some reasons when someone is gamesharing with me I can play most of their games but when it comes to the call of duty modernwarefare III It tells me to pre order it when someone im...
  10. Girl gamer looking for females to play splintercell Blacklist, GTA V, COD, MW3!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Girl gamer looking for females to play splintercell Blacklist, GTA V, COD, MW3!: Hey girlies Im looking for other girls who play splintercell blacklist and the other games listed in the title. Im kool well at least i think i am! Holla at me if youre up to playing!! :)...