I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?

Discus and support I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have battlefield 2042 but its the X/S version and everyone i want to play with has the xbox one version can we play together or is it not possible... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chris Bennett3, Nov 9, 2023.

1. I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?

I have battlefield 2042 but its the X/S version and everyone i want to play with has the xbox one version can we play together or is it not possible

:)

Chris Bennett3, Nov 9, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?

Hi there Chris, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

In Battlefield 2042, Xbox One players can only play with and against other Xbox One and PS4 players. They cannot play with or against Xbox Series, PS5, or PC players, as you can confirm through the information on the official developer's website in the following link:

https://help.ea.com/help/battlefield/battlefield-2042/battlefield-2042-cross-play/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

[​IMG]

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Annanda Martins Win User

Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see him. He has an Xbox one and I have an Xbox series X. What could be the problem?

Hello! I'm Annanda and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Cross gen is when players can play, for example, on Xbox Series X/S with their friends on an older generation console, like Xbox One.

The issue here must be that your friend is playing the Xbox One version of the game and you are playing the Xbox Series X version, so you are not able to play together.

To play together, either you would need to download the Xbox One version of the game, or your friend would need to buy a Xbox Series X/S console, okay?

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below

Best Regards, Annanda.
  4. Kieran bill Win User

Fifa 22 on Series X and XB1

If you download both versions of fifa onto your console (series x version and Xbox one version) you can play with friends who have old gen and new gen
  5. ZacLy255 Win User

Can i download the Xbox One version of dying light 2 on my Series X?

Smart delivery is the problem. Let Series X/S owners access Xbox One versions of games, so if a game like Dying Light 2 doesn't support cross gen play, we can still download a second version of the game and play with friends running the older version!
  6. MattJecelin Win User

Can’t connect to Friends world

Yes we all are playing on xbox one consoles. I have the One X, two of my friends have the S and two have the first gen Xbox one. I was able to play with two of my friends that had the first gen and the S
Thema:

1. I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no? - Similar Threads - play game friends

2. Friends haven’t played games but have ?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends haven’t played games but have ?: So my friend and I play together a lot but now they’ve gone silent. I check their profile and check the game stats and it says they haven’t played any games. When I try to compare it says the same...
  3. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...
  4. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  5. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive: How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71
  6. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  7. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  8. Hi is there way to play ark multiplayer if i have on xbox pc game pass and my friend have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi is there way to play ark multiplayer if i have on xbox pc game pass and my friend have...: Hi i there way to play ark multiplayer if i have on xbox pc game pass and my friend have it on epic games a987ab19-1d63-4311-933f-3dbb21bf8d70
  9. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  10. Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .: recently upgraded from a Xbox one s to a Xbox one series s . Now that I have got my new series s I cannot invite friends to free to play games such as fortnite or warzone . I have talked two...