I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...

Discus and support I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an account with one child. I want to move both of us onto another family members account. Is it a case of just joining this other family group,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matt Smith_331, Dec 15, 2023.

1. I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...

I have an account with one child. I want to move both of us onto another family members account. Is it a case of just joining this other family group, and the child will also automatically follow with it. Also will the subscriptions automatically follow.

Thanks

:)

Matt Smith_331, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Matt Smith_331 Win User

I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as well?

That does not work. It says

"Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Adam can remove this family member. Ask the family organiser who granted Adam consent to remove Adam from the family group."

However, that is me and my email address. I've logged out again and logged back in and it makes no difference. I even tried the "reclaim the adult account" - it goes straight back to my login.
  3. Sodangidni Win User

I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as well?

Hello, Matt S. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Subscriptions are attached to the account used to acquire them. So, if you change of family group, your subscription will not be affected.

However, you need to manually invite the child account to the new family group, but first you need to remove the child account by:

Going to the Family section (https://account.microsoft.com/family/home) > click on the dots next to the child name > remove.

Then you can invite the child to the other family group.

Make sure to remove the child first, then you can repeat the steps with your account.

I hope you find this answer helpful to your inquiry. However, I'll remain attentive to any other one you may have.

Regards,

Arturo.
  4. The Jester1xx Win User

No option to promote account to adult

Yeah, it's still a child account. There is a parental account attached to it. Almost everything I was able to move over to my current account, so I control almost everything. But there are still disadvantages to having a child account, of course. But yes,
    it's still a child account.
  5. Alex_weerer Win User

Xbox alias tranfer from one msn account to a different msn account family member?

I am the alias of my family member I want to move all my stuff to a different msn account how can I do that?
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I have a family account with one child. I want to move that child onto another family account.

Hi Raymond, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try removing the consent first, then remove the account.

Go to family.microsoft.com.

Sign in with your Microsoft account, then, to remove a member, scroll down and select Manage my child's profile info, find their name, select Remove consent for this child's account, and confirm.

Go back to your family's page, and under the member's name, select More options > Remove from family group, and confirm.

Let me know if it works!
Thema:

I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...

1. I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as... - Similar Threads - move account onto

2. I accidently redeemed a Xbox gift card on the wrong xbox account. How can I move it to the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidently redeemed a Xbox gift card on the wrong xbox account. How can I move it to the...: I accidently redeemed a Xbox gift card on the wrong xbox account. How can I move it to the right account? 59b4a262-5d54-40c0-ad9a-8d6c536af48f
  3. can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?: After getting a new Pc i no longer can log in to my minecraft account. I used my microsoft account with my sons minecraft account. Now i no longer have acces to my old email and cant log in on my...
  4. Can I move all my fortnite stats to a new account with a new email?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I move all my fortnite stats to a new account with a new email?: I used to play fortnite a lot on my series x and my account turned out to be linked to my dad's email from xbox. Now I got myself a PC and I can still get on his account but I would want to have...
  5. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  6. Can I move my Minecraft Java account to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my Minecraft Java account to a different Microsoft account?: I am tired of argueing with Microsoft support and I desperately need my Minecraft Java account back at the very least as that is the part that is NOT expendable. I already paid for Minecraft AND...
  7. how to move an xbox game to a new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to move an xbox game to a new account: I Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons and I am wondering if anybody could help me move those games to a new email. I am on PC 38debc11-ab55-4e68-a918-bcd8ca582cc0
  8. it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...: tens of thousands of parents created a xbox live account for their children on Christmas day so they could play as soon as possible. nobody at microsoft thought maybe those kids grow up and would...
  9. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  10. How to move Redeemed Games onto another account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to move Redeemed Games onto another account?: I Want to sell my xbox one and when i bought the console it came with two redeem codes for Quantum Break and Alan wake. both games are installed on my xbox one on my account. now, obviously i want...