I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

Discus and support I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I mean seriously tho. It is mainly because my Xbox One controller is in bad condition and has bad drift on both analog sticks. i love playing the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XerouEffect13, Jan 30, 2024.

1. I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

I mean seriously tho. It is mainly because my Xbox One controller is in bad condition and has bad drift on both analog sticks. i love playing the fallout series along with alot of other games i still own for 360. but i do like to capture gameplay wether cool moments or funny glitches. my Xbox 360 controller works just fine with no problems. I was bummed to find out i couldnt use a 360 controller to play 360 games.

:)

XerouEffect13, Jan 30, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox 360 games on an Xbox one S.

Hello, XerouEffect13. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to say, but Xbox 360 controllers are not compatible with Xbox One or newer systems.

Therefore, your Xbox One will not recognize it.

Below, there is a similar thread where you can review the same answer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2b1d9aac-9ef6-457c-929f-671f59ded330

I know this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but your kindness and understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. XerouEffect13 Win User

I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox 360 games on an Xbox one S.

i already know they are not compatible. that is why i said what i said. i know there are workarounds. like using a wired controller on a windows 10 computer... blah blah... too much work just to play a 360 game on an xbox one, and it can be laggy that way too. also i dont have a wired controller. i have the wireless controller with the charging cord. why be able to play 360 games if you cant even use a 360 controller? "backwards compatible but only under our rules"...
  4. Sodangidni Win User

I understand your disagreement with how the backwards compatible program works and if you'd like, you can share this feedback with Microsoft below.

However, backwards games are emulated, so it doesn't actually use Xbox 360 hardware to run them. For this and other reasons, not every Xbox 360 game is backward compatible, and you can't use Xbox 360 controllers and accessories natively on Xbox One and newer systems.

Share your feedback with Microsoft:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

Please be aware, that we're not able to provide assistance with workarounds or methods not officials from Microsoft because this is against the community guidelines.

Thank you, XerouEffect13.
  5. schnurren Win User

XBOX360 drivers

Hello kennethnomatye,

It is not possible to connect the Xbox 360 to the PC using the Play & Charge kit. The only function of that cable is to charge the batteries).

If you want to use that gamepad on the PC, you will need to buy a wireless adapter for Xbox 360 controller.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox (Beta) App on Windows 10 with Xbox 360 controller?

Yes it is possible I know this from first hand experience I have a wired xbox 360 controller and use it to play ALL of my games on my PC including when streaming my xbox One to my PC I can still play the Xbox One games. It is also plug and play so the
    PC should automatically recognize the controller and it acts (uses the same controller configurations) as if you were playing on the Xbox one.
Thema:

I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

1. I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox... - Similar Threads - why possible able

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  4. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  5. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  8. What is Mircosoft doing and why are they making everything as difficult as possible.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is Mircosoft doing and why are they making everything as difficult as possible.: I have four accounts for xbox on my PC. Me, wife, and two kids. Its easier to redeem stuff for them such as gift cards and everything on the PC instead of them struggling to redeem them on the...
  9. Why is the Sega Genesis arrangement not possible on a fight stick?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is the Sega Genesis arrangement not possible on a fight stick?: Actually I know part of the answer is that Sega didn't think people would play actual Sega Genesis games with real digital fight sticks, even though they were playing with fight sticks back in the...
  10. Why isn't it possible to permanently remove Xbox games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't it possible to permanently remove Xbox games?: Please add a feature to permanently remove a game from your Xbox library. I know games can be hidden, but I want to be able to permanently disassociate my account from a game....