I want to install a game WITHOUT the DLC but i don't see this option in the microsoft store

Discus and support I want to install a game WITHOUT the DLC but i don't see this option in the microsoft store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was given a code for Age of Empires 4 that came with the 4k hdr DLC. I don't have a 4k monitor nor an hdr one, i also don't have the 86GB the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SaraLikesPotato, Nov 18, 2021.

1. I want to install a game WITHOUT the DLC but i don't see this option in the microsoft store

I was given a code for Age of Empires 4 that came with the 4k hdr DLC. I don't have a 4k monitor nor an hdr one, i also don't have the 86GB the game+DLC require. When trying to install the game alone, from the store page, it lists the necessary space for itself+ the DLC. Is there a way to install the base game without the DLC? Thank you.

:)

SaraLikesPotato, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

I want to install a game WITHOUT the DLC but i don't see this option in the microsoft store

On Xbox App, the base game file size is 86.21GB while the free Age of Empires IV: 4K HDR Video Pack is 132.44GB.
  3. SaraLikesPotato Win User

oh wow, I guess i won't be able to play it then. Thank you :/
  4. SaraLikesPotato Win User

Hi! thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it still says i need about 90GB which i understand is the space needed by the game+DLC combined. I see on steam the space requirement for aoe4 alone is 50GB. Any idea which is right then? thank you!
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Yes, on the page where you can see "Age of Empires IV + 4K HDR Video Pack" please scroll down and you will see "Included on this bundle" click on the first one and you should be able to install just the base game.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Xbox App broken game installs

Look for the game in the store and see if the game page in the Microsoft Store shows the option to install without taking you to the Xbox app.
Thema:

1. I want to install a game WITHOUT the DLC but i don't see this option in the microsoft store - Similar Threads - install game WITHOUT

2. Comparison of installed games between friends library’s

in XboX Insiders
    Comparison of installed games between friends library’s: Hey just an idea I thought would be cool, for years with my friends nearly every week or month when we get bored of a game we always ask what games the other has installed, there’s a way to check...
  3. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  4. Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...: My son got an xbox one for his birthday. An uncle emailed him a game code for Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition that same day. We entered the game code not knowing that this game is not compatible...
  5. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  6. Xbox One wont install disk games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wont install disk games.: When I try to install a game to my xbox one using a disk it always says installation failed when it reaches around 5 percent, I have tried with multiple disks and none work, some download more...
  7. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  8. Xbox Pc app is installing games I used to have, in the C Partition without my permission.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Pc app is installing games I used to have, in the C Partition without my permission.: I used to have those games before I upgraded to Windows 11. I downloaded software that does a backup for my saved files. However, after I extracted the backup files to the C partition, the Xbox...
  9. I bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition I installed the game without problem but when I try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition I installed the game without problem but when I try...: I bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition I installed the game without problem but when I try to use the characters and new skins asked me to buy again dlcs can I have assistance please ?...
  10. Verify Installation without Re-downloading the ENTIRE game

in XboX Insiders
    Verify Installation without Re-downloading the ENTIRE game: This is a 2 part problem: I need to setup multiple devices, legit gamepass accounts, legit windows, same devices - all ultimate subs. I cannot copy files over, and what i noticed is that the...