I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it

Discus and support I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it. what do I do? 76ec2d1e-743b-46b1-a086-be1d336ac7d8 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alec Lamoreaux, Nov 30, 2023.

1. I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it

I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it. what do I do?

:)

Alec Lamoreaux, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Stephanie Dequito Win User

I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it

Hi Alec! My name is Stephanie and I'm more than happy to help you out!

Closing an Xbox/Microsoft account means you won’t be able to use it to sign in to the Microsoft products and services you’ve been using. It also deletes all the services associated with it, including your:

Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, and MSN email accounts
    OneDrive files
    Xbox Live data and GamerTag
    Skype ID and contacts
    Office digital perpetual licenses, like Microsoft Word, Office 2019 Home and Student
    NuGet.org account
    Account balance, unused Reward points and Microsoft Certification, including passed exams and associated transcripts.

You can't delete just one of these services and keep the others.

I strongly advise not to close your Xbox account, instead do not use your account on any Xbox services at all and continue to use your account to other services such as Microsoft Word.

Source:

https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact?linkquery=Learn about closing a microsoft account

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  3. microbrainn Win User

Can't delete xbox account

Thank you, but I don't want to close my Microsoft account, I want to close my xbox account.
  4. Christyna64 Win User

What is going on with the XBOX Mass Communication Ban?

I keep my settings for Xbox Live Communication to friends only. I don't want to lose my game library and benefits of having a Microsoft account.
  5. LisaO’Connor Win User

Access to Minecraft but not documents?

Thanks for your reply.

My son currently uses my microsoft account to sign in to minecraft, however, I've noticed that my confidential word docs etc are available on his laptop now.

He doesn't want to lose his progress, but I don't want to to have my documents on his machine.

The question is, can I allow him to access the game only from his own lap top so that he doesn't lose his progress, without also granting him access to my work files? Or can I transfer his progress to his own microsoft account?
  6. BR Slick EVO Win User

I want to close my account

Steam is a PC platform separate to Windows Live however there are some games on Steam that use the Windows Live service. There is no way to buy games on Steam and play them on xbox. Only games (on Steam) that have the Game for Windows logo on them are playable
    with your gamertag (through the Games for Windows service on PC).

If you need a refund for that game (I'm not sure if Valve allow refunds or if you are to contact the publisher or if Steams ToS prevent refunds) you should contact Valve/Steam Support (support.steampowered.com) about this though.

-Hope this helps if not please clarify your problem more.
Thema:

1. I want to close my xbox account but have Microsoft Word and don't want to lose it - Similar Threads - close account Microsoft

2. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed
  3. Did you closed my Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Did you closed my Microsoft Account?: I have bought Minecraft in 2022. Made Microsoft Account which I never used or remember the username to. I wanted to regain access to the account, only to findout that starts with Vi and it is...
  4. My previous microsoft account was closed for inactivity from me not logging in through the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My previous microsoft account was closed for inactivity from me not logging in through the...: My previous microsoft account was closed for inactivity from me not logging in through the browser, however, I have been using this account to play minecraft on, and I migrated my mojang account...
  5. On my PS5 Minecraft logs me out of my Microsoft account every time I close the game and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    On my PS5 Minecraft logs me out of my Microsoft account every time I close the game and I...: Idk whether its something I'm doing wrong but I click stay signed in every time but it always signs me out again and its very frustrating a2b3b38f-812c-465b-bdee-e92b53d97d74
  6. If I close this Microsoft account will my Xbox account that uses this gmail close and erase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I close this Microsoft account will my Xbox account that uses this gmail close and erase...: The closing account page wasn’t specific and I’m concerned about losing 4-6 years of Xbox data 95db343c-7d7b-4fc6-840e-aa96cfd31889
  7. Can i delete minecraft from my microsoft account? or just close the minecraft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i delete minecraft from my microsoft account? or just close the minecraft account?: if not then is there a way to get rid of the game? 80e9abe2-7c56-4b24-9141-1f3403c7045d
  8. How to close microsoft account immediately

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to close microsoft account immediately: Title BUT NOT THIS ONE OK OTHER ONE 0fa0fd17-27c0-4e8c-819b-b4dd83690795
  9. Speeding up the time to close my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Speeding up the time to close my microsoft account: I want to close my microsoft account so I can add my email address to my account that has all of my xbox data on it, but I can't add that email because of the 30 day period before the account...
  10. If I close my microsoft account, will my subscriptions be canceled?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I close my microsoft account, will my subscriptions be canceled?: Hello, If I close my microsoft account, will my subscriptions be canceled? Thank you, Janek 02dde60b-b17b-414f-b379-2723ad62e7b5