I want to claim an inactive gamertag

Discus and support I want to claim an inactive gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I want to claim the gamertag Aary since I'm sure the account has been inactive for more than 2 years now and according to the Xbox policy those... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aary3214, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Aary3214
    Aary3214 Guest

So I want to claim the gamertag Aary since I'm sure the account has been inactive for more than 2 years now and according to the Xbox policy those inactive gamertag will be available to claim.

:)

Aary3214, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Daft Badger Win User

You can't.You can't even be certain if the gamertag is inactive or not.Gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live,so just because a tag has no activity on live does not mean it isn't being used somewhere else on one of Microsofts services.

The earliest any unused tags will be freed up is around August 2021 so you'll just need to keep checking after that date.
  3. UnfurledEmu75 Win User

At my understanding this was set for the use of microsoft account, for services like outlook, where indeed says that you need to use it every two years. But the gamertag expires after 5 years, you can google it anywhere, there was a lot of news back on 2016.

I remember asking a long time ago to support what would happend if theres a gamertag but the email was expired. They said that the gamertag would remain there even there's no email.
  4. Aary3214 Win User

Ohk so how can I know how long it has been inactive for?
  5. KindGryphon Win User

It's 5 years, not 2. Alternatively you can get that gamertag with a suffix number behind.

[​IMG]
    see
    this tho
    Thats for Microsoft accounts. Not Xbox Live accounts/Gamertags which fall under different timeframes
  6. Aary3214 Win User

It's 5 years, not 2. Alternatively you can get that gamertag with a suffix number behind.

[​IMG]
    see
    this tho
Thema:

1. I want to claim an inactive gamertag - Similar Threads - claim inactive gamertag

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  4. It says my minecraft tiktok cape already is claimed.

in XBoX on Windows
    It says my minecraft tiktok cape already is claimed.: I play on computer and have tried to redeem the code in both the Minecraft and Microsoft website and it still says its already is claimed. I would really like to have the cape so I would...
  5. IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...

in XBoX on Windows
    IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...: IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN AND OTHERS IN SPAIN HAVE THE TIKTOK CAPE SO I DONT UNDERSTAND, PLEASE HELP ME...
  6. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  7. what to do when i have claimed a digital card but cant find the code

in XBoX on Windows
    what to do when i have claimed a digital card but cant find the code: i claimed a roblox gift card and looked away for a few second plus i cant find the code it did take away my points though i have tried most suggestion i have been given but it doesn't work...
  8. Where can i claim my free Java when i have bedrock?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where can i claim my free Java when i have bedrock?: I Have bedrock edition for my computer, but I can't seem to claim my Java. where can I get help on this topic? 8371bed2-81f7-4b32-8efb-8f171967cec1
  9. i claim fallout 76 for free from amazon prime, but coudnt download it neither from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i claim fallout 76 for free from amazon prime, but coudnt download it neither from...: the issue is every time i hit the install button on the Microsoft store, the install button turns grey, and nothing happens afterwards. i did try to download it from Xbox app but another issue...
  10. Overwatch 2 Season 10 Perks Bundle claimed but not showing in game

in XBoX on Windows
    Overwatch 2 Season 10 Perks Bundle claimed but not showing in game: Hello, I recently redeemed the Overwatch 2 Season 10 Perks Bundle from the Xbox app on the PC. I do not use an actual Xbox. After redeeming the code, my perks that were allegedly going to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to claim inactive xbox gamertag