I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to

Discus and support I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a microsoft account I don't use and a microsoft account I do use, however, the microsoft account I do use is on the email I don't use and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Adam Lindsay2, Nov 19, 2023.

1. I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to

I have a microsoft account I don't use and a microsoft account I do use, however, the microsoft account I do use is on the email I don't use and the microsoft account I don't use is on the email I do use. so I tried closing the microsoft account that I don't use and it said I would have to wait 30 days. Also, I want to link the email that was linked to this other account to the account I do use but it says that email is already linked to an account although the account is marked for closure. I just need someone to tell me if what I am trying to do is possible and if it is, do I have to wait the 30 days for the account to fully close.

:)

Adam Lindsay2, Nov 19, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Adam! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft account. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the information I've gathered, I'm afraid that once an account is closed, any Microsoft email address associated with it can never be used again.

You may also check these links for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-account/0e3feeb2-0915-49f3-89d3-5e0d6ee31c5d

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-use-the/5ae784da-7352-4d67-89ea-7bda0cd2ca5d

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-c1b2d13f-4de6-6e1b-4a31-d9d668849979

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. WPAK Win User

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Let us know the results
  4. Wolf0x Win User

Change email address linked to my account

So just to emphasise what I want to do, I was wanting to link my main Xbox live account DarkestLizard to this accounts Windows ID as it is my main email address.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

How to delete a Xbox Gamertag from a Microsoft Account - without deleting the Microsoft Account

Hello VSVP,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You can add the email you want on your main account as a secondary email. If you delete the account all is gone. There is no way to just remove the gamer tag unless you pay to have it changed. Here are
    a few links that will help you.

1. To close the account--https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/cancel-microsoft-account
    2. add email to account--https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/add-security-contact-information
    3. how to change gamer tag--https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag
    We recommend just add the email you want as a secondary email to your main account.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. c9ded3d0-ec81-40dc-8 Win User

Change email with xbox account

I don't want to link an email to my current account. Is there no way to just change the email for my Xbox account without deleting my current Microsoft account?
Thema:

1. I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to - Similar Threads - change microsoft account

2. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  5. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  6. how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft: Ze********* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** """remove PII.""" """moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming """ f806951e-f754-42a4-892c-86db89f21b75
  7. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  8. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  9. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  10. Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?: Hello My microsoft account was taken. The email was switched and the number was deleted. I have no other way to sign in that Microsoft is asking for to get it back. Is there any other sign of hope...