I want to change my primary email on xbox to a different email without having to lose all...

Discus and support I want to change my primary email on xbox to a different email without having to lose all... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to swap my email that I use for Xbox to a different email.so how to it do that fc2648de-d72f-4c59-a784-8b9899e43ec6 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FRICKYOU, Jun 30, 2023.

1. FRICKYOU
    FRICKYOU Guest

I want to change my primary email on xbox to a different email without having to lose all...

I want to swap my email that I use for Xbox to a different email.so how to it do that

:)

FRICKYOU, Jun 30, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

I want to change my primary email on xbox to a different email without having to lose all my stuff and make a different account

3. Jeremy2085 Win User

how to change the email address associated with xbox one account without losing progress in games?

You can change the primary email address of your account without losing any of your xbox progress.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Gamertag Transfer

Hello MK,

Thanks for bringing the issue to the forums. There are two things you can do. Unfortunately you are unable to transfer a Gamertag and all that to a different account. However, you may add his email as a secondary email then once added make it the primary,
    But you will lose access to the outlook email if it is removed from the account you will no longer be able to use it. You would have to leave the outlook as a secondary on the account. So in short add the email want all the stuff to go to.
    Once added and verified then set as primary email. Leave your email as the secondary so you will not lose it totally.

How to change email address

Thanks,

Brad
  5. WPAK Win User

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Let us know the results
  6. XBF Leslie D Win User

Microsoft Account and linked gamertag nightmares

First of all I do want to apologize that this has been such a hassle. I have a good idea of all the process you have done so far in regards to this. After reading the information you provided my understanding is the following:

• Your Xbox Account is associated to your brothers email.
    • You wish to associate your email with the Xbox Account.

Also, you mentioned that
    Live Support
    mentioned that to remove the email his must be deleted so, I'm assuming it's a Microsoft email?
    If so, Please note that if you wish to change your
    email and If the primary email is any Microsoft domain such as
    live, Hotmail, outlookyou
    will lose the emailonce it has been changed.

Meaning once you change the email and if you used the email for work, personal or anything else, you
    won't be able to use it any longer.

If you're still looking into the option of signing on the Xbox with a different email alias to avoid the security troubles you've had then in that case the only option
    available apart from changing the email address on the account, would be to create a new account.
    As there is no way of being able to switch up the emails on the account without the current primary email being deleted.
Thema:

1. I want to change my primary email on xbox to a different email without having to lose all... - Similar Threads - change primary email

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.: A few weeks ago i changed my Primary email from my dads to my own and afterwards any microsoft apps on my laptop(Xbox App, Microsoft store, onedrive, Etc.) won't let me sign in, as soon as i put...
  4. if i change the primary atlas on my microsoft account will it affect the other email? And...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i change the primary atlas on my microsoft account will it affect the other email? And...: I don't have any details to add. e1952aac-73e6-4162-9e11-392a84dbdc64
  5. How to change primary email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change primary email?: Okay, so Im trying to change my primary email to a different email but I can't add one because its already an existing one. When I go to my microsoft account on my computer it is linked with the...
  6. My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email: Recently on October 22th I got a notification from my email telling me the following: I think I have been hacked because the email that is has been changed to I do not recognize at all. I tried...
  7. Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account: I’ve had my Xbox for as long as I can remember and have been playing under my dad’s gmail account. Now that I’m older I would like to change the primary email of the account to my email and delete...
  8. My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!: A few months ago, and yes I have noticed at that time, I tried getting tons of support to try to recover my account but the mods or admins haven't been able to do much because I keep seeing the...
  9. Changing primary email associated with a gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing primary email associated with a gamertag?: I got my Xbox when I was 13 years old and too young to have my own email. Due to this, we used my mothers email address to sign up for my Xbox account. Now, 10 years later at the age of 23, I...
  10. Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first...: So, My brothers account is set-up with my address My account is set up with my dads is it at all possible to change the email of each account to our own. they are icloud by the way. So can i...