I want to change my email on my account,

Discus and support I want to change my email on my account, in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Topher K, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Topher K
    Topher K Guest

• I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1)
    • My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1)
    • I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could transfer it over but it says that email is taken, which it is. (by email 2, on account 2)
    • It is taken by an Xbox live account I have never used. (This was created when I initially tried to add this email years ago) (account 2)
    • However, I cannot log into account 2.
    • Why? Because the verification email for account 1 is the email for account 2 (although it is not listed as an alias on account 1)
    • Every time I try to log into account 2, it just ends up logging me into account 1. Therefore I cannot delete account 2 to free up email 2 so I can make email 2 the account 1 primary email.
    • Id like to completely delete account 2. so I can use email to for account 1.

:)

Topher K, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Topher, my name is Jhon and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I know how frustrating it can be to lose access to one of your accounts. The only alternative you have at this time is to submit the account recovery form. There is no other way. I have already researched them and the only way to recover an account is. by the form:

The first thing is to enter information that the account has, in case a phone number or card has been deleted, you should simply omit that information and not add it to the form. That said, you can enter the following link:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Here are some tips to help you complete the Microsoft account recovery form:

-Provide as much information as you can. The more information you can provide, the more likely Microsoft will be able to verify your identity and recover your account. Include your name, email address, date of birth, phone number, and any other information you can remember about your account.

-Be specific and precise. When answering the questions on the form, be specific and precise. For example, if you're asked for the email address you used to create your account, don't just say "my email." Instead, say "my email is [email address]."

-Remember your passwords. If you remember your previous passwords, include them in the form. This can help Microsoft verify your identity.

-Be patient. The account recovery process may take several days or even weeks. Don't be discouraged if you don't receive a response right away.

Please note that Xbox support cannot help recover accounts, but in that case, if you want to contact them and talk in a live chat for more detailed information, you can access the link below.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

If you don't get it, most likely you should accept giving it up for lost.

Remember that this is a public forum of the Microsoft community where we are players like you who try to help/guide other players to find the solution to the problems they are experiencing, however we do not belong to Microsoft, this means that we do not have access to the accounts or information of other players.

I hope you can understand it and this information has clarified at least some doubts. I hope the problem is solved, I wish you good luck.
  3. Topher K Win User

Thank you, Jhon. I will contact them directly.
  4. Topher K Win User

• Thank you for the response.

My account is not "lost". I can log into it on Xbox live and on the forum. (i posted this question from "account 2". I however cannot log into it on the Microsoft page, because it logs me into account 1, using account 2's email.
    • If I use email 1 or 2 on Microsoft page, it logs me into account 1.
    • account 1 email logs me into account 1 on xbox
    • account 2 email logs me into account 2 on xbox
    • I don't want account 2. but i want to use email 2 for account 1. for everything.
    • Email 2 is not listed as an alias on account 1. but that's the email my verification code goes to from account 1 and 2.
    • Anytime I use a code for account 1 or 2 it just logs me into account 1 on Microsoft.
    • Even while on this forum for account 2, I click "my Microsoft account" and it take me to account 1.
  5. Jhonkito Win User

I sincerely hope your issue is resolved soon, I know how frustrating it can be.
  6. Jhonkito Win User

Hi again Topher

I understand, sorry, apparently there is a problem with your accounts, I understand a little the problem you are having, for this type of problem the best thing I can recommend is to contact support directly. We cannot solve these types of problems here in the forum since we are only players like you who help each other with basic problems, we are not Microsoft employees.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

If you have any other questions, let me know, I will be attentive to continue helping you.
Thema:

1. I want to change my email on my account, - Similar Threads - change email account

2. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  3. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  4. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  5. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218
  6. My account was hacked and the email was changed completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and the email was changed completely: ive tried but i can’t access it at all because the email was changed, ive tried the support bot and contacting the email that was on the account but nothing has worked, it says the original email...
  7. How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?: My xbox account is set up using my dad's email adress but I wish to change it to my email adress without losing any progress or anything. How can I do this? c164b583-f18f-49b5-a12c-937c2c229219
  8. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  9. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  10. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...