I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files

Discus and support I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello , i have sea of thieves Xbox app pc , my friend gave me the game files , now i want to allocate the files for Xbox app to discover them instead... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ammar bohisi, Jan 25, 2023.

1. ammar bohisi
    ammar bohisi Guest

Hello , i have sea of thieves Xbox app pc , my friend gave me the game files , now i want to allocate the files for Xbox app to discover them instead of redownloading it ,i need help in this because im not having strong internite to download the whole thing

:)

ammar bohisi, Jan 25, 2023
  2. SeizeTheFrog Win User

Discover pre-existing game files after reformat

Hey, I believe you can copy the game files across into the folder that is created by the Xbox beta app after you have reformatted the drive. However I'm not sure if you can direct the app to scan for games on a different SSD.
  3. CallMeChief Win User

Have to redownload a game onto another drive

Thank you for the reply

I managed to delete the files in my Windows Apps folder where my original download was saved by giving myself permissions in the advanced security settings for windows apps this allowed me to go into the WindowsApps folder and delete the file.

Thank you for the help but I will just redownload the game fully.

I would also appreciate if the Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass app allows you to discover existing files so people don't have to have this problem.

[​IMG]
  4. MrAdyCarter Win User

I did not receive the flamming T-shirt in Pinball FX2 after 5.000 wizard score : (

While this issue continues to exist I did today discover I can use this top via the Android app.
  5. Tall J Win User

PC Gaming / Xbox App Shambles

Yes - as per my post. I use the media tool to create an iso file and then did a reinstall, keeping my files.

Doing that got everything working again for a few hours.

Unfortunately, most of the problems then recurred (unable to install or uninstall games from the xbox app, cannot cancel existing queued installs, cannot run most games on the xbox app).
  6. Borgforce Win User

There was a problem with the update: 0x8b108036 0x00000000 0x00000300

I just tried this (factory reset off line and keeping games and apps) - it worked, my Xbox One now works again, but I lost some data in the factory reset. So far I’ve lost custom maps on MCC - Which words can’t explain how much I wanted to throw my controller through my tv when I discovered it - Don’t know why and don’t know how to recover them, the only ones that weren’t erased were the ones in file share.
Thema:

1. I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files - Similar Threads - app discover existing

2. I installed the Cod infinite warfare season pass a couple years ago on the Microsoft app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed the Cod infinite warfare season pass a couple years ago on the Microsoft app...: Cod iw isn’t letting me install the dlcs I paid for 9b3bbc06-25cc-4c6c-9bb9-6e7e5ec965da
  3. I unistalled the Xbox app from my computer and now the microsoft store doesnt give me the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I unistalled the Xbox app from my computer and now the microsoft store doesnt give me the...: [img] I opened the app as always and it needed an update, let it update and after that a message showed up saying gaming services still needed an update, PC froze after that waited for 30 min...
  4. Xbox app issue - gaming services install loop when installing any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app issue - gaming services install loop when installing any game: I go on the xbox app, try to install any game and am given a screen saying to install "gaming services" which I do, but am given the same pop up to install it again. This loop has been with me for...
  5. Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no...: As per questions, using Skype via Microsoft Edge on Xbox One. When on a call I cannot Zoom my webcam in and I sit a little bit away from camera, with no option to move closer. Looking at other...
  6. How do I connect the Xbox app to my Xbox 360, is it even possible?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect the Xbox app to my Xbox 360, is it even possible?: I just got an Xbox 360 yesterday, and I've been trying to connect the Xbox app to it, but it doesn't show up, any suggestions? 54e103ca-21d3-4ebf-be34-5ac94a96243e
  7. Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered: Hey everyone :) Having this issue trying to install games on my PC through the xbox app. I have recently upgraded from HDD to SSD and now for some reason this none of my SSD's appear [img] I...
  8. I’ve been an Xbox Insider for years but just discovered the app today. App wants to put me...

in XboX Insiders
    I’ve been an Xbox Insider for years but just discovered the app today. App wants to put me...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ogunther [link] [comments]
  9. Mixer App Will Be Discontinued, Discovered After Latest Skip Ahead Update

in XboX Insiders
    Mixer App Will Be Discontinued, Discovered After Latest Skip Ahead Update: [IMG] submitted by /u/Krose7298 [link] [comments]
  10. A&E App... Discover GO app, etc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A&E App... Discover GO app, etc: I can't find these apps when I do a search in the Xbox One. Are these apps simply not available? They seem to be available on the 360 (when I google the issue). Do you know when these will come...