I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files

Discus and support I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello , i have sea of thieves Xbox app pc , my friend gave me the game files , now i want to allocate the files for Xbox app to discover them instead... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ammar bohisi, Jan 25, 2023.

  1. ammar bohisi
    ammar bohisi Guest

    I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files


    Hello , i have sea of thieves Xbox app pc , my friend gave me the game files , now i want to allocate the files for Xbox app to discover them instead of redownloading it ,i need help in this because im not having strong internite to download the whole thing

    :)
     
    ammar bohisi, Jan 25, 2023
    #1
  2. SeizeTheFrog Win User

    Discover pre-existing game files after reformat

    Hey, I believe you can copy the game files across into the folder that is created by the Xbox beta app after you have reformatted the drive. However I'm not sure if you can direct the app to scan for games on a different SSD.
  3. CallMeChief Win User

    Have to redownload a game onto another drive

    Thank you for the reply

    I managed to delete the files in my Windows Apps folder where my original download was saved by giving myself permissions in the advanced security settings for windows apps this allowed me to go into the WindowsApps folder and delete the file.

    Thank you for the help but I will just redownload the game fully.

    I would also appreciate if the Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass app allows you to discover existing files so people don't have to have this problem.


    [​IMG]
  4. MrAdyCarter Win User

    I did not receive the flamming T-shirt in Pinball FX2 after 5.000 wizard score : (

    While this issue continues to exist I did today discover I can use this top via the Android app.
  5. Tall J Win User

    PC Gaming / Xbox App Shambles

    Yes - as per my post. I use the media tool to create an iso file and then did a reinstall, keeping my files.

    Doing that got everything working again for a few hours.

    Unfortunately, most of the problems then recurred (unable to install or uninstall games from the xbox app, cannot cancel existing queued installs, cannot run most games on the xbox app).
  6. Borgforce Win User

    There was a problem with the update: 0x8b108036 0x00000000 0x00000300

    I just tried this (factory reset off line and keeping games and apps) - it worked, my Xbox One now works again, but I lost some data in the factory reset. So far I’ve lost custom maps on MCC - Which words can’t explain how much I wanted to throw my controller through my tv when I discovered it - Don’t know why and don’t know how to recover them, the only ones that weren’t erased were the ones in file share.
Thema:

I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files

Loading...
  1. I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files - Similar Threads - app discover existing

  2. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  3. Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox: I've already had it on my PC and console, now I need on the mobile app to see how they gonna look on there. Keep it up with the good work guys submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  4. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  5. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  6. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  7. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  8. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  9. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  10. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]