I Want Buy an Xbox and I need Help Deciding Between these Types

Discus and support I Want Buy an Xbox and I need Help Deciding Between these Types in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I wanted to get an Xbox, and to be up to date with a new console. I first wanted the PS5 (but I'm not spending $800 on a console) and I need... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by _Z3r0, Oct 23, 2022.

1. _Z3r0
    _Z3r0 Guest

So, I wanted to get an Xbox, and to be up to date with a new console. I first wanted the PS5 (but I'm not spending $800 on a console) and I need practicality and performance to be high. Since my parents refuse to let me wish for one, I have to wait a couple of months until I am of legal working age, and I plan on saving my money for one of the Xbox consoles. (I also have some legal questions involved here regarding what my parents can do to or with my future console.)

The Xbox Types that I've Had my Eyes On:

Xbox One

Xbox One X

Xbox One S

Xbox Series S

I want one that is cheaper but has larger storage and performance. I want to get one that has good frame rate, and can work with new games, or games that are MMO. I am a fanatic for Apex Legends and Fortnite, so I want one that can run these games with peak functionality and not crash a lot. However, like I stated before, I need one that is cheaper so that I can buy it once I am able to get a job.

I also have a legal question regarding the Xbox services. If I buy the console myself, with money I worked for, are my parents able to set up Safety Settings or tamper with my Xbox without my permission? I would hate to buy a good console just for my parents to come along and set Family Safety up, which would just result with me initializing the console and selling it myself. I really love Xbox consoles (my first console was the Xbox 360) but I hate how my parents take my electronics and essentially make it to where they have majority control over it and then I can't legally fight for it.

I would also like to know whether or not my parents are able to claim my Xbox as theirs after I leave the house when I am of legal age. I would hate to have a console that my parents claimed is theirs that I worked for and bought all by myself.

Thank you, I really appreciate your help.

:)

_Z3r0, Oct 23, 2022
  2. Nursemorph Win User

The problem with going for an Xbox One (of any type) is that games are starting to shift away from that platform so that developers can leverage the much better performance of current gen consoles....last generation consoles will still be supported, yes, but there's no gaurantee that developers will develop games for them. As an example, the upcoming latest Need For Speed title is only for current gen consoles.

On the other hand, if you only ever plan to play those 2 games, then the Xbox One is fine...personally, I'd go with the One X as it's the most recent Xbox One but it depends on what you can afford. It may come down to availability as well, of course....I just checked Amazon for my country and I could only find one new Xbox One S entry and that was more expensive than the Series S (albeit with more storage)...even a refurbished one was around the same price as a Series S.
  3. _Polaris Win User

Alright so Xbox One S might be the best option. I think I'll go for that one for now (I just got confirmation that Apex Legends does work on Xbox One S) so I hope that I can get that one and it will be serviced for now. I just hope that it isn't under the same quality standards as the PS4 Pro Enhanced is (that's my current console).
  4. ngocphi Win User

Wouldn't bother with xbox one

As its no longer possible to repair

One s and higher is recommended

And you lose the dreaded power brick
  5. _Polaris Win User

Well, I like the performance that the games on Xbox Series S have (I played on my brothers Series S) but I need something that isn't all that expensive. I am aware about the high prices for the Xbox S and X, and although the Series S is on my list, do you think there is one that may be better for price, but holds similar performance?
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Will Xbox One always be supported or will it end soon?
    Like any older consoles the support for it will eventually end at some point in the future.
Thema:

1. I Want Buy an Xbox and I need Help Deciding Between these Types - Similar Threads - Buy need Help

2. I need help with buying Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with buying Minecraft: I've been trying to buy minecraft with a credit card for 2 days and the game's price even went up in the period, I tried contacting the support and looking at the support options at the website...
  3. Need help! Minecraft not opening, but I buy it tho.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help! Minecraft not opening, but I buy it tho.: So today I tried to open Minecraft Launcher to play and this message appears: "We know you really want to get started, but you’ll have to wait a bit longer. Check the store for the launch date."...
  4. I need help because I can't buy a digital Fallout New Vegas on the Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help because I can't buy a digital Fallout New Vegas on the Xbox 360: We've bought a physical copy of Fallout New Vegas. We didn't know which region type our current model was at the time. But I bought a physical copy of Fallout New Vegas (NTSC) But as it turns out,...
  5. Please help me deciding which controllers I need to buy for XBOX series X

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Please help me deciding which controllers I need to buy for XBOX series X: I am new to this community. I am confused about various controllers for xbox series x. Can someone please explain the differences between the 2 controllers below....
  6. Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?: I would go with an xbox one X it will play 4k movies, play games in 4k and ultimately in my opinion will give you a better experience with your 4k tv. 97a6048a-8345-4d71-91ff-3f4554318be6
  7. Ich need Help my Gamertage ist Changeable,bitte i doesnt Changes him nie i need to buy it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ich need Help my Gamertage ist Changeable,bitte i doesnt Changes him nie i need to buy it...: i need hell because my gamertag isnt changeable now but i doesnt changed him a36c2571-031d-40c8-a517-74ef88786d6b
  8. Hi, I need help to buy "Cuphead" i cant buy :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I need help to buy "Cuphead" i cant buy :(: I get a message on the screen that says that you can not make the purchase and that you contact me with support but I can not solve it ee834e2e-6d6e-4529-9ed8-4abaac030b2b
  9. Need help allowing my kid to buy games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help allowing my kid to buy games: I added $25 to my son's account so he could buy Rocket League, and despite changing his settings on the XBox One and on the family account through my computer, we still get the message "Ask an...
  10. Hello I need help, I have loaded 60 € on my xbox account to buy Xbox Live Gold but I can not ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I need help, I have loaded 60 € on my xbox account to buy Xbox Live Gold but I can not ...: Hello I need help, I have loaded 60 € on my xbox account to buy Xbox Live Gold but I can not buy it with my credit. What should I do? 45decec0-6dbd-451f-b42c-b8353aa49d4c