I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

Discus and support I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required" in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by kapil mishra1, Mar 28, 2024.

1. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a way to fix this issue?

:)

kapil mishra1, Mar 28, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Kapil, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Afterwards, please, download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

Let me know if it works!
  3. PlainMax21 Win User

Elite Series 2 Xbox controller

It's still saying there's an update required on my Xbox after shutting it down completely unplugging it I waited 2 minutes instead of 10 seconds for good measure and the Xbox accessories app on my PC says: Unfortunately this app doesn't currently support your controller's new firmware on PC. We're working on updating the PC experience. Check back soon!
  4. AaronTsung Win User

Cannot update xbox 360 properly

I deleted the system cache and the installed update, and that made the download of the 190 meg update work, but after the update there were still problems.

It still says that an update is required for my xbox, but that the update isn't available right now.
  5. DaedricDrake Win User

MS needs to update its Service Status to include...

Another thing as well is that I have been able to sign in after configuration of my network but the Application that I want to run (Hulu Plus) says that it requires an update and all it does is sit there as a blank update screen doing nothing.
  6. XBF Leonzo G Win User

The XBOX app simply refuses to let me in Im login into my Microsoft account.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the situation. We recommend utilizing the article entitled

Fix Problems With Apps
    . It is also possible the application needs an update. The update can be completed by

Updating Windows 10
    . Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required" - Similar Threads - updated app already

2. Xbox PC app tried to update and now will not launch.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC app tried to update and now will not launch.: My Xbox PC app told me it needed to update, so I updated it via the Windows Store. When I tried to launch the app again it got stuck on the loading screen eternally. After about ten minutes of...
  3. Xbox app PC automatically updating games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app PC automatically updating games: i turned off auto updating but app doesn't care submitted by /u/Soroush_ [link] [comments]
  4. My game disappeared after updated the xbox app pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game disappeared after updated the xbox app pc: My game disappeared after did the xbox update 6b7b44e0-ff96-4f24-9c0d-f7d10c31565f
  5. Why are these apps always in the update queue?

in XboX Insiders
    Why are these apps always in the update queue?: Every time I open the update queue, Events (Beta), Microsoft Rewards on Xbox, Xbox Original Avatars, and Xbox Avatar Editor need an update. This doesn’t appear to have anything to do with console...
  6. Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?: I can't load the Xbox App for PC. It will launch, try to do an update, then just say sorry something went wrong. with the error code: 0x80070426. b5278f38-e428-4d88-a5fd-95d065a39f4a
  7. Xbox app not updating

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app not updating: The Xbox app showed an update roughly a month ago, where it won't let me into the app without updating. I've clicked the link that shows up, in order to update, linking to the app store, though...
  8. The Xbox Identity Provider still hasn't updated, causing errors while using the Xbox app.

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Identity Provider still hasn't updated, causing errors while using the Xbox app.: This has been happening on Windows 11 for several weeks. The Xbox app is starting to give an error due to this issue, partially disabling the app submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox App Won't Update/Launch on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Won't Update/Launch on PC: Went to open my xbox app today and it immediately gives me an error about an update failing, I hit "try again" and it just stays at 0% forever. I also can't sign into game bar, it just gets stuck...
  10. Xbox app - Try the update again - need help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app - Try the update again - need help: I'm right now trying to launch Xbox app on pc to play SOT but I keep getting this error, I have currently uninstalled and reinstalled both Microsoft store and Xbox app and have tried some other...