I uninstalled GTA V and now my save data is gone. Have this only happened to me or it is...

Discus and support I uninstalled GTA V and now my save data is gone. Have this only happened to me or it is... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don't connect my xbox one to wifi most of the time. I prefer offline gaming. I just wanted to uninstall game updates on gta v and reinstall it. But i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kunal Bansal1, Sep 3, 2022.

1. I uninstalled GTA V and now my save data is gone. Have this only happened to me or it is...

I don't connect my xbox one to wifi most of the time. I prefer offline gaming. I just wanted to uninstall game updates on gta v and reinstall it. But i also lost my save data. What do i do now?

:)

Kunal Bansal1, Sep 3, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I uninstalled GTA V and now my save data is gone. Have this only happened to me or it is like that?

Hi Kunal, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This should not happen as long as you're playing your games while connected to Xbox Live/Network they should just re-sync unless you're playing the game offline and you have also deleted your locally saved data.

Going back, if you're playing your games while connected to Xbox Live for cases like this what we initially need to do is to quit the game and perform power cycle in that way once you launch the game your in-game data will just re-sync.

Kindly quit the game and follow the steps below before you re-launch the game.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. FrancescoSaldana Win User

XBOX Live

This only happens on gta online and also if I uninstall and then reinstall will I lose my data from gta online?
  4. BurlyBroom52082 Win User

GTA V download

Hi this exact thing has happened to me. I purchased gta v digitally on this account and was all of a sudden getting the above error. So i uninstalled it and now it wants me to buy it again. Please help, have i permanently lost the game?
  5. rjwootton Win User

Xbox One problems

The other day there was a power cut, and i was on my xbox. When i manahed to get back on all my saved data was gone and i now cant save any games , i have spoken to support and they told me to post what happened on here to see if anyone had a solution..
    thnks
  6. oOYou SuckOo Win User

Does uninstall game delete saved game progress?

It does delete the save data. I just uninstalled a game and the save file for it is gone. I don't know if the cloud copy of the file is gone as well.
Thema:

I uninstalled GTA V and now my save data is gone. Have this only happened to me or it is...

1. I uninstalled GTA V and now my save data is gone. Have this only happened to me or it is... - Similar Threads - uninstalled GTA save

2. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  3. What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...: I want to change my skin on Mc and I haven't been able to. I was wondering what would happen if I Uninstall minecraft and reinstall it on the same device? I have a table and I don't know how it...
  4. How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?: For some reason my settings app on my Xbox one s has magically disappeared and I can only assume that someone has uninstalled it. Is there a way to get it back because I've been having so much...
  5. My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?: Recently I Had installed ARK: Survival evolved but had an issue and decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it however when I "Uninstalled it" it did not uninstall, It was through the xbox app...
  6. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  7. How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop: I have game pass on my laptop. Anytime I install a game I can play it fine, but when I shutdown my laptop for the night, all games will be uninstalled and not there when I power back on. I have...
  8. How do I uninstall Xbox from 10

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I uninstall Xbox from 10: Trying to get Xbox off my laptop. How to uninstall please? e1ba8669-2c5a-40a3-a999-3683ef1c538d
  9. After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?: After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save my progress from before? d09664e6-fd7e-445a-acea-c7df44884c34
  10. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0