I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this?

Discus and support I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a few games on disc and installed them. I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this? I bought... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sleepy Iron, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Sleepy Iron
    Sleepy Iron Guest

I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this?

I bought a few games on disc and installed them. I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this? I bought the game, why can't I play the games I own?

:)

Sleepy Iron, Jun 18, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I would like to clarify, are you seeing the options Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate? Because if yes, it may be asking you for an active Xbox Live Gold subscription which is required to play a paid online multiplayer game.
  3. GauntAthlete910 Win User

Game Pass

I did that with Minecraft. If you try to launch it without the disc, it will say yoou need to renew Gamepass. Or If you tried to boot the game on disc and it asks you to renew Gamepass, then check the disc and try again.
  4. LonelyRoad2777 Win User

Xbox One Gamepass ultimate

Hi i have just purchased the xbox gamepass Ultimate and i was wondering if there is a limit to how many of the games i can try ie how many i can download free of charge as long as it says it is part of the GamePass say if i see 8 games i want to
    play can i download them in the same day or week and play them all free of charge as long as i got them from the Gamepass page and it says it is free with gamepass
    Hello,

As a member of GamePass Ultimate, you have access to a wide variety of free games. There is no limit to how many you can try, download or play. If you decide to end your GamePass membership, you will lose access to these games.

GamePass games, have the 'GamePass' icon in the corner of the game art; this shows you that you can play them.

All GamePass games can be downloaded as you see fit, however, now and then, some GamePass games are removed from the library.

I hope this helps :)
  5. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

SHARING GAME PASS

You can share gamepass just like gold i would recommend to restart his console and after it boots up again you go to the xbox store and try to download a game that's on gamepass it would say you can install that game
  6. XBF Aicha T Win User

Games say I need gamepass when I own them

Hello There ! I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Then, select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

After you will need to perform a quick power cycle on your console, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2 to 3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.
Thema:

1. I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this? - Similar Threads - try booting game

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  5. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  6. My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up: My Xbox series is brand new and I got it today it was working fine in the beginning but then after I got off playing Fortnite with my friends I wanted to play by myself and I turned my Xbox on and...
  7. "Unknown File Version" When I try and boot up Halo Master Chief Collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown File Version" When I try and boot up Halo Master Chief Collection: When I attempt to boot up MCC, It gets stuck at EasyAntiCheat and won't let me in because of an unknown file version named: MCCWinStore-Win64-Shipping.exe I've tried pretty much everything and...
  8. Microsoft Flight simulator 2020 crashes on startup. I've tried booting it in safe mode but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator 2020 crashes on startup. I've tried booting it in safe mode but...: Hi, Since today I'm having a problem starting Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Whenever the blue loading bar is almost full, the game crashes out of nowhere. I also tried starting the game in safe...
  9. "Need to renew game pass" message even though I'm trying to boot off of game disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Need to renew game pass" message even though I'm trying to boot off of game disc.: I'm having this issue with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It worked fine last night but it's telling me to renew the subscription even though the disc is inserted into the drive....
  10. Series x shuts down every time I try to boot any game up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x shuts down every time I try to boot any game up: Apps like Netflix work fine, but every time I try to load any game up, it just shuts off immediately. No error codes or anything. It has been serviced by microsoft around 2 months ago due to a...