I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical?

Discus and support I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can confirm that I have Dolby Digital with my 2013 Astro A40s, and it is a glorious difference from the ProLogic we were forced to contend with for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zico291, Feb 26, 2014.

1. I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical?

I can confirm that I have Dolby Digital with my 2013 Astro A40s, and it is a glorious difference from the ProLogic we were forced to contend with for the first few months.

RakkaDisciprine, Feb 27, 2014
  2. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    About time. I purchased the chat adapter. I will be picking up a pair of astro a50's tomorrow.

CODukes4, Feb 27, 2014
  3. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    my astros made 5.1 or it sounded like they did coz on ghosts i could always tell when someone was near me what does thios do for my astros? does it make the sound better then it was

N7 Gh0stz, Feb 27, 2014
  4. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

Xbox 1 still doesn't have DOLBY support for Optical nor HDMI connection, but Xbox 360 has.

Display & Sound

HDMI audio [options]

-Off

-Stereo uncompressed

-5.1 uncompressed

-7.1 uncompressed

-DTS Digital Surround

Optical audio [options]

-Off

-Stereo uncompressed

-DTS Digital Surround.

Xbox 360 can produce Dolby through my 2x 10w HDTV speakers where as Xbox 1 can only produce STEREO through my 2x 10w speakers. I can clearly... tell the difference between the two. Dolby has MORE audio detail and if Xbox 360 has it I don't see why Xbox 1
    the next gen doesn't yet.

smileskybird, Feb 27, 2014
  5. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    In my opinion, dolby blows...uncompressed 7.1 has been great through my amplifier

Burnin TODI, Feb 27, 2014
  6. smileskybird: The Xbox One will officially have these options as of the March update, which is kind of the point of this thread. Yes, it sucks that it has been missing, but it will finally be back in a week and a half, so there's no point in continuing to
    moan about it.

N7 ghosts: You would have heard something resembling resembling surround sound due to Dolby Pro Logic II processing in the Astro Mixamp, but the clarity and fidelity of sound is much better when it is running true Dolby Digital Surround Sound.

RakkaDisciprine, Feb 27, 2014
  7. blue spader
    blue spader Guest
    newolf. your no audio anything. if you were you wouldn't have dd. lcpm is the best out there and the xbox already has it.

blue spader, Feb 27, 2014
  8. I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical?

excllent thread. Thanks, eh.

Man In Toronto, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: