I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical?

Discus and support I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So at least once a week I will search "Xbox One Dolby Digital" to see if there has been any news about DD Optical Output, today I saw post in GameFAQS... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zico291, Feb 26, 2014.

1. zico291
    zico291 Guest

So at least once a week I will search "Xbox One Dolby Digital" to see if there has been any news about DD Optical Output, today I saw post in GameFAQS that was listing the new feature one of the features the poster listed was:

"OPTICAL and HDMI audio settings have an option for "BITSTREAM OUT" (no idea what it is. IT gives you an option between DTS Digital Surround and Dolby Digital)"

So I am not sure if the March update is actually bringing DD but I would assume that the poster has the update as is listing all the features. Do you think this could actually be Dolby Digital Optical Output?

Here is the source: Xbox One March Update Test - Xbox One Message Board for Xbox One - GameFAQs

:)

zico291, Feb 26, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Outrage that surroud sound is not patched for Dobly Digital though optical!

[quote user="I amH0NEYBADGER"]This is crazy. DD supported through HDMI but not the optical output?[/quote]The Xbox One console has no Dolby Digital output support at all. It's not just optical. There's no Dolby Digital via HDMI either.

IceStorm III, Feb 26, 2014
  3. WHODINI 76
    WHODINI 76 Guest
    7.1 sound through amp receiver only shows pcm sound

so this isn't only me , got to say very disappointed with this , the price of the machine should output dolby digital 7.1 , so the question is how long will we have to wait for 7.1 / 5.1 dolby digital , don't like seeing pcm as I feel iam missing some sound
    for games like Forsa . do I use dts then , what do you guys think , would be great to get Microsoft input on this matter . swapped from xbox 360 which did output dolby digital through hdmi

WHODINI 76, Feb 26, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

Bistream is undecoded audio. It means the console can take an audio stream from a source (like a Blu-ray) and send that audio out the HDMI and optical ports. Normally, bistreaming means that any audio from the player software or the system is no longer available
    because the audio stream is just whatever was encoded on the disc. It can't be mixed with app or console sounds.

5. 2 different people that claim to have the march update beta have said to me that dolby digital surround is now available with it. I am hoping that this is true cause I have a set of Astro 40 waiting to be used and I also have a headset chat adapter on the
    way, according to the tracking info from the Microsoft store I should have that adapter tomorrow!

PowerMaster84, Feb 26, 2014
  6. i blimmin hope so becasue here at game in UK the headset xb1 adaptors will be in store march the 4th,according to speaking to the manager today.WOOP! TB XP SEVENS xb1 here we come.

Its been very wrong the amount of friends in the US that pre ordered the x0 7s 200 dollars and have had 2 delays now after paying the money,MS has got to give that licence out to the headset makers.

xPsycoticBreakx, Feb 26, 2014
  7. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    It's entirely possible MS is misusing the term...

8. LFEGERBER
    LFEGERBER Guest

I have the March update and I can confirm that it does add Dolby digital for optical out. I am now able to use my turtle beaches with surround sound and it even lights up indicating that source is DD. Microsoft has really stepped up and listened to consumers.
    I am impressed. Here's hoping there's better dvr integration in future, or possibly vice commands to change tv inputs

LFEGERBER, Feb 26, 2014
  9. marco3key
    marco3key Guest
    And now the mic from my turtle beach tango active , then ths part is complete ;-)

marco3key, Feb 26, 2014
  10. jaihawk
    jaihawk Guest
    " Microsoft has really stepped up and listened to consumers"

Actually more like picked up the ball they dropped. From the way it sounded, it was in the plans all along, they have just finally implemented it. It really should have been there from the beginning. It was silly that it wasn't. It's not like it's a new
    concept.

jaihawk, Feb 27, 2014
  11. MrK1ngB33
    MrK1ngB33 Guest
    So is it confirmed yet ???? We get DD thru optical ? Can I use my home speakers or is it just for the headset ???

MrK1ngB33, Feb 27, 2014
  12. NeW0lf
    NeW0lf Guest
    im a big audiofile, i really am hoping that Dolby Digital Surround Sound is in the march update.

NeW0lf, Feb 27, 2014
  13. I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical?

Mogwai Warrior, Feb 27, 2014
  14. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    This is exciting news for me. I live in a unit so it's hard to have loud sound. Especially at night. My turtle beach x42s will getting the royal treatment come march. Dusted of and pressed back into service. Loving it!!!!

DuFFuL, Feb 27, 2014
  15. Fye Nikka
    Fye Nikka Guest
    I too am testing the new patch..... An yes it does allow for DD threw optical out

Fye Nikka, Feb 27, 2014
Thema: