I think XB1's connection to my cable box messed it up somehow

Discus and support I think XB1's connection to my cable box messed it up somehow in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, the past week or so I've had to reset my cable box because it's been showing on when it's off and won't turn on or off and I had to remove power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ken1aaaaaaaa, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Ken1aaaaaaaa
    Ken1aaaaaaaa Guest

So, the past week or so I've had to reset my cable box because it's been showing on when it's off and won't turn on or off and I had to remove power from it.

Now I lost all audio to my shows and would occasionally show the cable box not being connected. The cable TV functionality has worked quite well up until now mind you.

So I now had to unplug the cable box from the XB1 and reconnect it to the TV for it to function properly, but beforehand, the cable box had to basically reset itself for 15 mins going through it's various reset things.

Is this a known issue?

:)

Ken1aaaaaaaa, Feb 23, 2014
  2. Jedioutcast
    Jedioutcast Guest
    Hardware problems on Xbox One

I had a problem with Live TV not working correctly. When I first set up the HDMI cables, I connected my cable box to the XB1. Live TV worked off and on. Video would freeze or I'd receive a black screen. Once, I even received a message saying my cable box wasn't connected to the XB1, when clearly it was. I looked around for others having that problem and found a solution which worked. At first, I didn't have the HDMI cable packed with the XB1 plugged into both my cable box and XB1. I simply used the cable I've been using. When I made the change and used a Monster HDMI cable from the XB1 to the TV, everything worked! Right now, my biggest problem is taking time to configure Kinect correctly.

J

Jedioutcast, Feb 23, 2014
  3. DctrMccoy
    DctrMccoy Guest
    Comcast Cable box through Xbox One

I too had the same issue (cable box > XB1 > Receiver > Projector). My issue was due changing the default XB1 display settings. I had changed the Color Depth and Color Spaces because by projector supported them. My cable box would lock up or shudder its
    movement, and often loose sound. It was still messed up when moved out of the XB1 and had to power-cycle. Once I turned my Color Depth back to 24 bits per pixel and Color Space to TV (RGB Limited) then it worked after making rebooting the cable box.

Another thing that helped, if you haven't found it, is the more detailed settings available after the initial set up including receiver, and power options.

DctrMccoy, Feb 23, 2014
  4. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest

I never understood why X1 makes you even plug your cable box in. Last gen on 360 I could just luanch the Fios app and watch tv with just my internet conection seems like they went backwards.

bstn617, Feb 23, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: