I think my Port is broken on my Xbox series S

Discus and support I think my Port is broken on my Xbox series S in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; have a Xbox series s that has worked fine for the entirety that I have had it, today for the first time the wired connection will not work, however... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ATCMike7, Jun 17, 2024.

1. /u/ATCMike7
    /u/ATCMike7 Guest

have a Xbox series s that has worked fine for the entirety that I have had it, today for the first time the wired connection will not work, however connecting to WiFi will. I searched up and down the internet tried the "clear" function under "alternate MAC address" hard wiped the whole thing keeping games and apps. Then I tried doing the static ip address that didn't work. The Ethernet cable works fine and others on my network play hardwired currently on laptops and other Xboxes... is the port on the back on the Xbox damaged or something? Currently my up address under wired says 169.254.xxx.xxx, subnet mask is 255.255.0.0 gateway is 0.0.0.0. DNS is blank. Port is 3074. When it's wireless all that is completely different. Also I do not have access to the router but mind you I have been using this network for years with no issues until today. Any advise?

submitted by /u/ATCMike7
    [link] [comments]

/u/ATCMike7, Jun 17, 2024
  2. Glacier Wolfy Win User

my headset audio isn't working correctly on my controller

I think my controller aux port might be broken
  3. death skull1897 Win User

can use every xbox live gold service except playing online?

Yes, idk if it's broken or something but I can join parties on both xbox's, I looked it up and you need xbox live gold to start and join parties. The Series S has only my account, and my account has my series S as my home xbox, and I can still join parties and talk(I'm in one right now in fact).
  4. _Polaris Win User

I Want Buy an Xbox and I need Help Deciding Between these Types

Well, I like the performance that the games on Xbox Series S have (I played on my brothers Series S) but I need something that isn't all that expensive. I am aware about the high prices for the Xbox S and X, and although the Series S is on my list, do you think there is one that may be better for price, but holds similar performance?
  5. Lafosse64 Win User

HDMI problem

but the problem is not the TV... is somehow my Xbox that won't work with a resolution lesser than 1080p :S does anyone really know what to do? this SHOULD have a way to be fixed right? I mean the port is not broken!
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox series s hdmi port broken

Hello, TYREECE. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Would you please tell me if the email you received said why the console would not be repaired? And may I know if the broken HDMI port was a factory issue or have you accidentally broken the HDMI port?

Waiting for your follow-up.
Thema:

1. I think my Port is broken on my Xbox series S - Similar Threads - Port broken series

2. Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken: I have a xbox series x and the Hdmi port is broken. A couple prongs on the end have come away. Xbox is still under warranty, can I get this fixed through the warranty?...
  3. How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...

in XBoX on Windows
    How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...: I get signed in and it says press enable, what combination of xbox buttons will let me enable it without seeing the screen? Cheers to anyone who can help 884ce42f-72e0-4863-a726-8afbeab51ddd
  4. Xbox series S ethernet port broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S ethernet port broken: During a thunderstorm a few months ago, my router connected to Xbox series S received a shock that caused it to be knocked out. Upon restarting the router and turning on my Xbox, it seemed as if...
  5. Can I connect my Xbox series s to my tv without using my consoles hdmi port its broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect my Xbox series s to my tv without using my consoles hdmi port its broken: Can I connect my Xbox series s to my tv without using my consoles hdmi port its broken ed1658e4-bbe4-45aa-9563-a719034e7496
  6. HDMI port broken on series x. Is this covered?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI port broken on series x. Is this covered?: does the manufacturer warranty cover a broken hdmi port? 88923a51-36aa-4cb7-a57a-ebab77717cd7
  7. Broken HDMI port

in XBoX Accessibility
    Broken HDMI port: Hi Xbox I having problem with my Xbox One S when I turn my Xbox on and put my HDMI inside my Xbox Has the resolution which is 640 **** it has a small screen the Xbox works perfectly fine but the...
  8. Broken HDMI port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI port: Yesterday my cousin bought new Xbox series x. It works fine, but today he connects it to second tv and it doesn't work. We look on HDMI port and it's broken. This is not normal after two changing...
  9. So ive broken my xbox’s hdmi port and i was wondering if there was any way that i could...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So ive broken my xbox’s hdmi port and i was wondering if there was any way that i could...: So ive broken my xbox’s hdmi port and i was wondering if there was any way that i could turn on remote features if i couldnt see the screen to enable it 4bd7d5e8-9a1d-4bfb-b9d6-337d97d93607
  10. My Xbox has broken HDMI and USB ports, is there anywhere I can get that fixed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox has broken HDMI and USB ports, is there anywhere I can get that fixed?: I used to transport my Xbox a lot and throughout me bringing it places, my HDMI and USB ports have been damaged. My Xbox isn’t able to connect through the HDMI or have a controller plugged into...